• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diagramming Tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagramming Tool

Anyone know of any decent diagramming tools other than Visio?

Doing some heavy Diagrams, using hyperlinks and converting to html, but Visio Professional struggles with HTML conversion.

Need to get some competent alternatives. CAD programs a possibiltiy but needs to be easily maintainable.

Cheers.

Alex

well, i'd be interested to know anything apart from Visio myself, as a quick work around you might want to save diagram as GIF or PNG to have exact representation and then link this image to simple HTML file.

Comment

re: owen hargreaves

www.smartdraw.com

Comment

Re: re: owen hargreaves

www.smartdraw.com/enterprise/visio.htm

"1. SmartDraw is better for average business users
        Although Visio is a powerful product, it is best suited to technical experts."

Comment

smartdraw

Thanks for the tip, reynolds.

I've managed to dig up a few other possibilities:

www.micrografx.com/ - used by Barnard Castle
          www.netfusion.co.za/Manag...ss_98.html
          www.qpronline.com/

As usual with these things, most of the website documentation is sales spiel (better ROI! blah blah blah) so it looks like I'm going to have to test them all out.

Reynolds - Have you used Smartdraw?

Comment

re:

yeh i've used smartdraw - its brilliant - a joy to use. very smooth, compact and 1000's of templates to download and multiple conversions (ie. gif, jpg, pdf etc)

Comment

Working...
            X