• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hackers Find Innovative Uses for Xbox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hackers Find Innovative Uses for Xbox

Interesting article on ways in which the XBox is being altered.

www.gamemarketwatch.com/n...p?nid=2704

That's nothing. I made myself a six hub networked server RAID thingy with built in UXML ASB stuff whatsits-o-flip from my old car radio in an afternoon. It can hack into the Pentagon and MI5 simultaneously and do all sorts of wonderful hacky things with payloads and stuff, and J2EE#.net probably.

Comment

re:

Xoggoth thats childplay.

I built an inter-galactic time machine phaser that seconds as a pseudo mind persuader. It can be used in any environment from the pleasant oxygen/nitrogen bio-sphere of planet xarg to the hospitable environment of the Caro solar complex. Guess what I built it from?..A Breville toastie maker..

Comment

Re: re:

You try and tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you.

Comment

Kids today - Pah - I've forgotten more than most of them will ever know.

Comment

you guys...:rollin :lol

hey reynolds - what colour does it come in?

Comment

re: shell

jacko,

its transducive to the mood change of its owner. we had to reverse engineer a chameleon's DNA to do this. we also stumbled across the cure to all fatal illnesses in the process.

which was nice

Comment

Re: re: shell

I had to laugh

very committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others
                From a company that made a policy of taking the current market leader and emulating it, giving it away free or cheap until they owned the market. Classic! :lol

Comment

Vetran,
                  Dead right.

Comment

> From a company that made a policy of taking the current
                    > market leader and emulating it, giving it away free or cheap
                    > until they owned the market. Classic!

but they did not steal source code for that market leader aka Nestcape? They had a faithful complete rewrite in IE4 (before it was actually licensed) and this new browser was better than NS4. I was a hardcode Netscape user since 1996 but I switched to MSFT because its a better browser.

Comment

Working...
                    X