• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USB charging desk/cabinet/thingy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB charging desk/cabinet/thingy?

I'm looking to setup a central place to charge all the household devices. So phones, tablets, toothbrushes, fitbits etc.

I'm after a desk or a cabinet or anything that keeps the wires together and the devices away from the dogs. Currently the charging wires are all over the place and often end up lost.

Anyone found anything similar? If it looks cool all the better.

EDIT.
    Would be great if also had a plug socket for things like electric toothbrush and even laptops.
    Last edited by woohoo; 30 October 2017, 10:59.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm looking to setup a central place to charge all the household devices. So phones, tablets, toothbrushes, fitbits etc.

I'm after a desk or a cabinet or anything that keeps the wires together and the devices away from the dogs. Currently the charging wires are all over the place and often end up lost.

Anyone found anything similar? If it looks cool all the better.
    Something like this ?

Leitz Complete Multicharger XL for 1 tablet and 3 smartphones White by Viking

Comment

Find a spare drawer, run a 4 way extension block with USB chargers in to the back of the drawer and then keep them all in there. Keeps them out of sight, away from the dog etc etc.

Similar to this.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not a desk/cabinet, but would this do the job? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/30214928532...6845788&crdt=0
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Good suggestions but looking for something to enclose the devices, with varying sizes, so an electric toothbrush (possibly two at a time). And I'm going to change my original question (following an agile process) and say it would be great if it also had a plug sockets.

The draw is a good idea but don't know about your house but draw space is a premium here.

I'm sure I read a blog where someone 3d printed a setup. But just can't find something that's like a cabinet or something funky for my office.

Comment

For USB stuff, I use this - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...o-messy-cables

Looks neat and tidy and hides the cables away when not on charge.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              For USB stuff, I use this - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...o-messy-cables

Looks neat and tidy and hides the cables away when not on charge.
              It looks a nice bit of kit, but it's not what I'm after.

We have so many devices, that need charging and really looking for somewhere to organise the wires and keep things hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Good suggestions but looking for something to enclose the devices, with varying sizes, so an electric toothbrush (possibly two at a time). And I'm going to change my original question (following an agile process) and say it would be great if it also had a plug sockets.

The draw is a good idea but don't know about your house but draw space is a premium here.

I'm sure I read a blog where someone 3d printed a setup. But just can't find something that's like a cabinet or something funky for my office.
                Just buy or make an wooden chest with the required size and follow the NLUK idea. Jesus wept at looking at 3D printing over simple carpentry task (pun intended).

Comment

Are you looking to buy a 3D printer as a company expense?

I like the drawer option, but in reality it wouldn't work for us - things get charged in different places.
                  Toothbrushes/razor charged in the bathroom, where they are used.
                  Phones/tablets get charged beside the bed or using cables in various rooms in the house.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Are you looking to buy a 3D printer as a company expense?

I like the drawer option, but in reality it wouldn't work for us - things get charged in different places.
                    Toothbrushes/razor charged in the bathroom, where they are used.
                    Phones/tablets get charged beside the bed or using cables in various rooms in the house.
                    3D printer would be fun, but no its not a path I'm going down right now.

At the moment quite a few things get charged in the bedroom (that sounds wrong) but then wires are moved all over. Then I have cables hanging off my pc that charge the fitbit etc. We also have a few charger packs for the mobile phones and the misses keeps losing the wires. We have two types of tablets, 3 types of phone etc. So it's pretty messy.

So I would be more than happy to centralize everything in a cabinet in my office.

The draw option is good but looking for something purpose built.

Comment

Working...
                    X