• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home networking/wireless/router clean up solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so thought I'd update this thread.

Got the Asus RT-AC88 and it's the dog's danglies. Managed to get rid of the 8 port switch and the range seems much better than the Meraki so could get rid of 3 of the 4 AP's I had around the house. Swapped the old HH5 I was using for the AP to the Meraki. Asus worked out of the box. Plugged it in, typed in the new SSID and password and away it went. Super pleased with it all so money well spent.

Only thing left to do is pick up a cheap Openreach modem to replace the last HH5 I'm using as a modem and its all nice and clean.

Just got to flash it so I can use IPVanish which is a bit long winded so I'll do that later.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm tempted by one of those Asus routers but it is an ugly piece of kit and the only place it could sensibly go is in our front hall.
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

It is a big box let alone the size of the 4 antenna so definitely needs an out of sight solution. There will be all the cabling in the back if you are needing the 8 ports as well.

Much better solutions out there if you don't need the 8 ports.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          **** off?
          That's two words.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            That's two words.
            It's one word and some asterisks

Comment

Working...
            X