• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain name registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain name registration

Currently with 123reg for my LTD. domain registration and looking to see who other people on here use so I can weigh up my options when the renewals kick in next month. Thanks in advance.

A domain name registration costs what ? a tenner a year or something ? What are you going to 'shop around' for ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      A domain name registration costs what ? a tenner a year or something ? What are you going to 'shop around' for ?
      As TM says if it’s just domain registration just go for the cheapest, if hosting is needed too I’d recommend Vidahost
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        As TM says if it’s just domain registration just go for the cheapest, if hosting is needed too I’d recommend Vidahost
        It's not the cost really its practices like this that I don't like about 123reg so looking for alternatives - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._registration/

I don't need hosting at the moment (just one them is joined with my Ltd. Co's O365 instance for email).

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
          It's not the cost really its practices like this that I don't like about 123reg so looking for alternatives - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._registration/

I don't need hosting at the moment (just one them is joined with my Ltd. Co's O365 instance for email).
          In that case then I have everything through Vidahost, can’t recommend them enough
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've been with Network Solutions for donkey's years, since the early 2000's. Not exactly cheap but I'm lazy and CBA to move my domains. No issue with the service though.

Comment

namecheap
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I use godaddy as registrar, haven't had issues with them in the 10 or so years I have been using them

Comment

Freeparking.co.uk

Freeparking.co.uk work for me and don't cost anything except the domain renewal.

Boo

Comment

I use 1and1 for myco website and email hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X