Video streaming websites, kodi etc.. risks?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Posts 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    253
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    NLUK - VPN mun fella. Also lets you watch uk stuff in the usa too and vice versa. About £5 a month and theres loads of them.
    VPN doesn't work with BBC iPlayer or ITV Player now here in Ireland, I heard they block all known IP's owned by VPN companies, which includes ExpressVPN unfortunately for me.

    Netflix hasn't worked for ages for non-local content.

  2. #32

    TykeLike

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    22,146
    Thanks (Given)
    226
    Thanks (Received)
    1118
    Likes (Given)
    806
    Likes (Received)
    2965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    VPN doesn't work with BBC iPlayer or ITV Player now here in Ireland, I heard they block all known IP's owned by VPN companies, which includes ExpressVPN unfortunately for me.

    Netflix hasn't worked for ages for non-local content.
    Do you still have a property in the UK? I have just set up an OpenVPN server on a virtual machine for when I am in Spain
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  3. #33

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    253
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you still have a property in the UK? I have just set up an OpenVPN server on a virtual machine for when I am in Spain
    Yea but to be honest, I don't need it, I get what I want from tvchaos.....

  4. #34

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks (Given)
    14
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Likes (Given)
    132
    Likes (Received)
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Do you still have a property in the UK? I have just set up an OpenVPN server on a virtual machine for when I am in Spain
    A server running on Azure (or AWS) removes the need for a property.
    See You Next Tuesday

  5. #35

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,442
    Thanks (Given)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    101
    Likes (Given)
    860
    Likes (Received)
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Yea but to be honest, I don't need it, I get what I want from tvchaos.....
    O/T How do you keep your ratios up on there? I have a good ratio (historically) but I almost daren't use TVC these days, as I never get anyone seeding from me. I assume all the seeding comes from fast dedicated seedboxes

  6. #36

    Banned


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,019
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    253
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    O/T How do you keep your ratios up on there? I have a good ratio (historically) but I almost daren't use TVC these days, as I never get anyone seeding from me. I assume all the seeding comes from fast dedicated seedboxes
    I have my co-lo Plex server which is running Transmission for TVchaos etc torrents as a sort of seedbox.

    Previously what I did was to get an RSS feed from TVchaos for Corries, Emmerdale and Eastenders etc, so I get them down first and seed back to boost ratio, all automatically. Took me a while to build up and I had a lot of crap I didn't want to watch but it was the only way at the time.

  7. #37
    sal
    sal is offline

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,341
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    A server running on Azure (or AWS) removes the need for a property.
    How do you manage the data transfer costs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.