• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video streaming websites, kodi etc.. risks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    NLUK - VPN mun fella. Also lets you watch uk stuff in the usa too and vice versa. About £5 a month and theres loads of them.
    VPN doesn't work with BBC iPlayer or ITV Player now here in Ireland, I heard they block all known IP's owned by VPN companies, which includes ExpressVPN unfortunately for me.

Netflix hasn't worked for ages for non-local content.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      VPN doesn't work with BBC iPlayer or ITV Player now here in Ireland, I heard they block all known IP's owned by VPN companies, which includes ExpressVPN unfortunately for me.

Netflix hasn't worked for ages for non-local content.
      Do you still have a property in the UK? I have just set up an OpenVPN server on a virtual machine for when I am in Spain
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Do you still have a property in the UK? I have just set up an OpenVPN server on a virtual machine for when I am in Spain
        Yea but to be honest, I don't need it, I get what I want from tvchaos.....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          A server running on Azure (or AWS) removes the need for a property.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Yea but to be honest, I don't need it, I get what I want from tvchaos.....
            O/T How do you keep your ratios up on there? I have a good ratio (historically) but I almost daren't use TVC these days, as I never get anyone seeding from me. I assume all the seeding comes from fast dedicated seedboxes

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              O/T How do you keep your ratios up on there? I have a good ratio (historically) but I almost daren't use TVC these days, as I never get anyone seeding from me. I assume all the seeding comes from fast dedicated seedboxes
              I have my co-lo Plex server which is running Transmission for TVchaos etc torrents as a sort of seedbox.

Previously what I did was to get an RSS feed from TVchaos for Corries, Emmerdale and Eastenders etc, so I get them down first and seed back to boost ratio, all automatically. Took me a while to build up and I had a lot of crap I didn't want to watch but it was the only way at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                A server running on Azure (or AWS) removes the need for a property.
                How do you manage the data transfer costs?

Comment

Working...
                X