• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monitor went pop... what to get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm used to 50" and beyond TVs so a 40 incher seems relatively normal.

If you have a dual monitor setup then it won't be any less of a wall of monitor than one larger monitor, but duals will have more bezel getting in the way.

Sounds like you want something in between like the other suggestions for ultra wide. Have a gander on google images for some desktop set ups for various types/sizes of monitor. Someone out there will have exactly the set up you'll think that's for you.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBlaster View Post
      Just bought one of these - arrived today.

Excellent, even works with my KVM (client laptop/company laptop connected through USB docking station).

Almost too much screen estate, but can have two full sized windows side by side; and as a PM, the viewablity of MS Project is excellent!
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

49" HD telly for conference calls with your feet up. Or a projector for stand up conf calls.
        , 2* 23" Viewsonic for work.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What a handy thread my 2.5 year old BenQ has just given up, working fine yesterday, bloody thing has gone kaput!

So, recommendations on 24" monitors?

Edit: prob go with the Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H

qh
          Last edited by quackhandle; 25 September 2017, 17:08.
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            What a handy thread my 2.5 year old BenQ has just given up, working fine yesterday, bloody thing has gone kaput!

So, recommendations on 24" monitors?

Edit: prob go with the Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H

qh
            Pay the extra and go for the u2515h which has a 2560 by 1440 resolution rather than 1920 by 1080....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Went for the Dell U2414H, got it setup last night all worked fine, really nice monitor.

Then today nothing works, using same cable DP (monitor) to miniDP (laptop).

Didn't change anything now it just alternates every second from single display to extended and back again. WTF!

Anyone had this and resolve it? Driving me nuts!

qh

Comment

Went for the Dell U2414H, got it setup last night all worked fine, really nice monitor.

Then today nothing works, using same cable DP (monitor) to miniDP (laptop).

Didn't change anything now it just alternates every second from single display to extended and back again. WTF!

Anyone had this and resolve it? Driving me nuts!

qh
                Sounds broken to me. Only test really is to try a second cable and see if that resolves it
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dodgy cable; all sorted.

Amazing how you can solve things when you aren't tired and feeling crap.

qh

Comment

Dodgy cable; all sorted.

Amazing how you can solve things when you aren't tired and feeling crap.

qh
                    so is the old monitor REALLY broken?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      so is the old monitor REALLY broken?
                      Monitor went pop, connectors went crackle, cable went snap.

Fixing the snap may well resolve the crackle & pop. That’s Rice Krispy Fault Finding.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X