• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Admin: please allow attachments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the past, no forums allowed hosting attachments and we had to host them somewhere and provide links. As times have changed, CUK is now the only forum I use which doesn't allow me to upload images directly. Programming, gardening, DIY, forums all let me upload files with sensible file/image size restrictions.

Please can it be allowed, because frankly I can't be arsed finding somewhere to store images which allows 3rd party hosting, uploading, copying the link and so on

You know it makes sense, storage is so cheap these days!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

And have you filling the place up with pictures of your tedious bloody taps?

Comment

Actually I was going to treat you to a view of my greenhouse

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Actually I was going to treat you to a view of my greenhouse
        One has a son for that kind of crap.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Hoping to move to a new forum at some point and will definitely allow photo uploading on that. Looking at forum options and might go with another system away from VBulletin so the less stuff to convert over at the minute the better. Will definitely sort it out in whatever new version we go with though!

Comment

<Remembers last forum update.>

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Hoping to move to a new forum at some point and will definitely allow photo uploading on that. Looking at forum options and might go with another system away from VBulletin so the less stuff to convert over at the minute the better. Will definitely sort it out in whatever new version we go with though!
              Will you be able to block certain users from uploading photos?

Otherwise we will end up with spam as photos, have to look at picture of d000hg's taps, MF's veggie produce or Bee's cats.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That could all be outweighed by MaryPoppins and her Xmas party pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Will you be able to block certain users from uploading photos?

Otherwise we will end up with spam as photos, have to look at picture of d000hg's taps, MF's veggie produce or Bee's cats.
                  I'm sure any forum software allows this on a per-user basis You can just ignore users though, perhaps that would suit you better.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm sure any forum software allows this on a per-user basis You can just ignore users though, perhaps that would suit you better.
                    I don't mind chatting to most users, but like with people in real life I don't want to see their snaps.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X