• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Memory expansion for an Android tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory expansion for an Android tablet

Does anyone know if all Android tablets take a micro SD card for memory expansion?

Any that don't have an expansion slot? Any that take something other than MicroSD?

TIA

EDIT: solved. See next question !!
    Last edited by Platypus; 4 September 2017, 15:27.

OK, Sorry, I know the answer to the above now

Next question: can I copy mp4 video files to a MicroSD card (from a Mac or PC) and easily play them on an Android tablet?

Comment

Are you going to answer that as well or is it our turn?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, please, after you!

Any codec issues I need to think about?

Comment

If the default video app doesn't support the format, there will be one on google play that will. MX player handles pretty much everything.

Comment

MX player here as well. I did encounter times where it said videos wouldn't play as codec wasn't supported even though they were MP4 etc so assume it was a problem crappy pirated/incorrectly ripped videos and not the tablet/player solution.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Any that don't have an expansion slot?
              For those that don't, I use a Dash reader from Meenova. It doesn't work with everything apparently, but it's worked with all the devices that I've tried it with.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Many thanks, guys, will recommend MX player (I'm trying to help a very non-techy person load some vids on to their tablet).

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Many thanks, guys, will recommend MX player (I'm trying to help a very non-techy person load some vids on to their tablet).
                  Paging PC?

Comment

Working...
                  X