• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks for the memory...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the memory...

It's been a while since I've had to order memory, and my days of buying from Action/Datech/C2000/CMS are from a few eons ago.

I'm looking to purchase 2x16GB SO-DIMM that are:
    PC4-2400 (19200)
    Unbuffered
    Nonparity
    260-pin
    2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM

Since some people on here work in areas of IT that I am no longer involved in, can you recommend suppliers/brands. Yes, googling brings up results, but I thought I would ask "professionals" first of all.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Back in the day used to nick it from work.

Proper contracting.

Might start a ‘what have you nicked from work over the years’ thread.

Getting that 24” widescreen CRT Sun monitor out was no easy task...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Proper contracting.

I am proper contracting. I work for my limited company so there's no point in nicking it from them!
      As for nicking it from ClientCo, that would require me to go on-site.

Comment

Scan.co.uk / overclockers.co.uk

Both are offering good prices and service and are dedicated for PC components, I have used them on many occasions.

Amazon.co.uk

The best customer service and often the best price but finding the correct component is a nightmare unless you are looking for something specific and search for it.

Brands, don't really matter if you are not overclocking (which I doubt since you are looking for SODIMMs), look for lifetime warranty, Kingston, Corsair, Pattriot, GeIL are all respectable.

Comment

i've found Crucial to be good value too, - and for SSD's

Comment

I use Crucial too. I use their memory compatibility widget on their website and order it from there. Always works and arrives the next day. I also have the same experience with Kingston. But just use Crucial from habit, I guess.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Proper contracting.

Simples, you wear a white coat, wear a Motorhead tee shirt, have a couple of biros and a screwdriver in the coat chest pocket. Then you carry said monitor to your van to take it for repair.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Simples, you wear a white coat, wear a Motorhead tee shirt, have a couple of biros and a screwdriver in the coat chest pocket. Then you carry said monitor to your van to take it for repair.
                Or in my case wheel it out using a cargo trolly borrowed from the security office. Those things are heavy, wouldn't want Health and Safety getting involved!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I use Crucial too. I use their memory compatibility widget on their website and order it from there.
                  +1

Comment

I may wait for the new company purchase to arrive before ordering the extra memory, just to make sure I get the right stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X