• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flexible & secure mobile app for general contact details and web addresses etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flexible & secure mobile app for general contact details and web addresses etc

I've been using the default Contact app on my Android-based mobile phone, but the more extensive the data I save there the more restrictive the app seems.

Also, I'm pretty sure that storing account numbers and passwords in a Contact app is highly insecure, especially if other apps can access it.

So can anyone recommend a flexible and secure app for storing (locally on the phone) web addresses, account details, passwords, misc notes, and preferably which incorporates a standard phone contact list I can use?

I'm thinking some form of Filofax app that allows cross-links and structured notes, better still if I can define my own structures.

TIA

I'm not interested in apps that use the "cloud" in any form. The data must be stored locally, although if it can be synced to my PC so much the better.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I've been using the default Contact app on my Android-based mobile phone, but the more extensive the data I save there the more restrictive the app seems.

Also, I'm pretty sure that storing account numbers and passwords in a Contact app is highly insecure, especially if other apps can access it.

So can anyone recommend a flexible and secure app for storing (locally on the phone) web addresses, account details, passwords, misc notes, and preferably which incorporates a standard phone contact list I can use?

I'm thinking some form of Filofax app that allows cross-links and structured notes, better still if I can define my own structures.

TIA

I'm not interested in apps that use the "cloud" in any form. The data must be stored locally, although if it can be synced to my PC so much the better.
    I use 1Password, as well as storing user names and passwords, it has a secure note pad facility and has customisable groups for memebership numbers etc.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I was looking for something similar, but found they were all focussed on "To Do" "% Complete" type lists and other tulip.

I'm using Evernote now which seems quite good (you can title your own notes e.g. "Stuff to Download", "Books to Get" or whatever you want and it's fairly intuitive, but I suspect there are better ones out there.
      Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
      X