• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband Alternative

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Clearly you have never visited general.....
    Yes I have, Which is where I would expect smart a$$ replies, but when you want genuine help....... I forgot how the clique geeks get, lol! I am getting good answers elsewhere, I am sure the owners are happy the way people get treated on here, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmaz View Post
      Yes I have, Which is where I would expect smart a$$ replies, but when you want genuine help....... I forgot how the clique geeks get, lol! I am getting good answers elsewhere, I am sure the owners are happy the way people get treated on here, lol!!
      The response you got seemed helpful to me. I have had lots of useful responses from general as well.

At the moment there seem to be a few in the professional forums who get upset when they don't like the response they get. Not very nice when people are trying to help.

I listen to all advice then take the advice I want to here.

I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other.

On the other hand, I know there is a CUK clique and I was black-balled from joining. In fact, when they emptied the bag with the balls in, it looked like the bottom of a rabbit's cage.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The response you got seemed helpful to me. I have had lots of useful responses from general as well.

At the moment there seem to be a few in the professional forums who get upset when they don't like the response they get. Not very nice when people are trying to help.

I listen to all advice then take the advice I want to here.

I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other.

On the other hand, I know there is a CUK clique and I was black-balled from joining. In fact, when they emptied the bag with the balls in, it looked like the bottom of a rabbit's cage.....
        Move home or go Dial up was a helpful response?

"I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other." Your opinion, i respect that, its b0llox, but I respect it, hehe
        Last edited by bigmaz; 3 August 2017, 19:48.

Comment

There were at least 2 other suggestions. I get the feeling you read the first line of my post and no further?

The most important bit - if you don't like a response just ignore it. Cojak is incredibly good at this - most of us need to do better....

Comment

Why is your broadband bad? Because you live in the middle of nowhere or just a poor provider?

That said it's all the same infrastructure isn't it?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Why is your broadband bad? Because you live in the middle of nowhere or just a poor provider?

That said it's all the same infrastructure isn't it?
              It's just where I am, everyone in the building has bad speeds, all with different providers. Hyperoptic is going to be installing here, so up to 1GB speeds, but that could be up to a year away...

Comment

It's just where I am, everyone in the building has bad speeds, all with different providers. Hyperoptic is going to be installing here, so up to 1GB speeds, but that could be up to a year away...
                What is it you do, and what speed to you need?

I've managed to work from home before with < 512k (normally around 300k) so it is perfectly possible as long as you are careful about your use.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other." Your opinion, i respect that, its b0llox, but I respect it, hehe
                  You also got -

1. Rent an office/desk space with broadband from me

2. Satellite broadband from Brillo

I was thinking of something else but then I remembered BT don't install those lines anymore.

I am also aware some people in parts of large cities as well as those in rural locations have crap broadband.

Oh Brillo and I aren't in any clique. Though I have got round to overtly calling an insensitive a-hole yet.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    What is it you do, and what speed to you need?

I've managed to work from home before with < 512k (normally around 300k) so it is perfectly possible as long as you are careful about your use.
                    I am a Civil 3D modeller, so will be connecting to servers opening and saving large 3D models

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You also got -

1. Rent an office/desk space with broadband from me

2. Satellite broadband from Brillo

I was thinking of something else but then I remembered BT don't install those lines anymore.

I am also aware some people in parts of large cities as well as those in rural locations have crap broadband.

Oh Brillo and I aren't in any clique. Though I have got round to overtly calling an insensitive a-hole yet.
                      My apologies for saying such

Comment

Working...
                      X