Broadband Alternative
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Clearly you have never visited general.....
    Yes I have, Which is where I would expect smart a$$ replies, but when you want genuine help....... I forgot how the clique geeks get, lol! I am getting good answers elsewhere, I am sure the owners are happy the way people get treated on here, lol!!

  2. #12

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Littering gel wrappers in Surrey
    Posts
    95,892
    Thanks (Given)
    20583
    Thanks (Received)
    5295
    Likes (Given)
    20583
    Likes (Received)
    9194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmaz View Post
    Yes I have, Which is where I would expect smart a$$ replies, but when you want genuine help....... I forgot how the clique geeks get, lol! I am getting good answers elsewhere, I am sure the owners are happy the way people get treated on here, lol!!
    The response you got seemed helpful to me. I have had lots of useful responses from general as well.

    At the moment there seem to be a few in the professional forums who get upset when they don't like the response they get. Not very nice when people are trying to help.

    I listen to all advice then take the advice I want to here.

    I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other.

    On the other hand, I know there is a CUK clique and I was black-balled from joining. In fact, when they emptied the bag with the balls in, it looked like the bottom of a rabbit's cage.....
    Katy Perry - don't be afraid to catch feels. Taylor Swift - feels $1 a go.

  3. #13

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The response you got seemed helpful to me. I have had lots of useful responses from general as well.

    At the moment there seem to be a few in the professional forums who get upset when they don't like the response they get. Not very nice when people are trying to help.

    I listen to all advice then take the advice I want to here.

    I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other.

    On the other hand, I know there is a CUK clique and I was black-balled from joining. In fact, when they emptied the bag with the balls in, it looked like the bottom of a rabbit's cage.....
    Move home or go Dial up was a helpful response?

    "I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other." Your opinion, i respect that, its b0llox, but I respect it, hehe
    Last edited by bigmaz; 3rd August 2017 at 19:48.

  4. #14

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Littering gel wrappers in Surrey
    Posts
    95,892
    Thanks (Given)
    20583
    Thanks (Received)
    5295
    Likes (Given)
    20583
    Likes (Received)
    9194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmaz View Post
    Move home or go Dial up was a helpful response?
    There were at least 2 other suggestions. I get the feeling you read the first line of my post and no further?

    The most important bit - if you don't like a response just ignore it. Cojak is incredibly good at this - most of us need to do better....
    Katy Perry - don't be afraid to catch feels. Taylor Swift - feels $1 a go.

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,261
    Thanks (Given)
    136
    Thanks (Received)
    1360
    Likes (Given)
    1731
    Likes (Received)
    5822

    Default

    Why is your broadband bad? Because you live in the middle of nowhere or just a poor provider?

    That said it's all the same infrastructure isn't it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #16

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why is your broadband bad? Because you live in the middle of nowhere or just a poor provider?

    That said it's all the same infrastructure isn't it?
    It's just where I am, everyone in the building has bad speeds, all with different providers. Hyperoptic is going to be installing here, so up to 1GB speeds, but that could be up to a year away...

  7. #17

    キツネの帽子をかぶる

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,423
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    1115
    Likes (Given)
    977
    Likes (Received)
    3287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmaz View Post
    It's just where I am, everyone in the building has bad speeds, all with different providers. Hyperoptic is going to be installing here, so up to 1GB speeds, but that could be up to a year away...
    What is it you do, and what speed to you need?

    I've managed to work from home before with < 512k (normally around 300k) so it is perfectly possible as long as you are careful about your use.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  8. #18

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    26,975
    Thanks (Given)
    1269
    Thanks (Received)
    1030
    Likes (Given)
    4386
    Likes (Received)
    3950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmaz View Post
    Move home or go Dial up was a helpful response?

    "I always think those who talk about cliques *tend* to have troubles getting on with other." Your opinion, i respect that, its b0llox, but I respect it, hehe
    You also got -

    1. Rent an office/desk space with broadband from me

    2. Satellite broadband from Brillo

    I was thinking of something else but then I remembered BT don't install those lines anymore.

    I am also aware some people in parts of large cities as well as those in rural locations have crap broadband.

    Oh Brillo and I aren't in any clique. Though I have got round to overtly calling an insensitive a-hole yet.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #19

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    What is it you do, and what speed to you need?

    I've managed to work from home before with < 512k (normally around 300k) so it is perfectly possible as long as you are careful about your use.
    I am a Civil 3D modeller, so will be connecting to servers opening and saving large 3D models

  10. #20

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You also got -

    1. Rent an office/desk space with broadband from me

    2. Satellite broadband from Brillo

    I was thinking of something else but then I remembered BT don't install those lines anymore.

    I am also aware some people in parts of large cities as well as those in rural locations have crap broadband.

    Oh Brillo and I aren't in any clique. Though I have got round to overtly calling an insensitive a-hole yet.
    My apologies for saying such

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.