• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gardena hose system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardena hose system

Looking at getting this, as I paid 50 notes for a hozelock hose/reel last year and the thing leaks all over the place and kinks all the time (supposed not to).

Apparently Gardena are very good but on their website they have three! types of hose.

A case of you get what you pay for?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

One frost with water in the junctions and they're busted. No matter how much you pay.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Looking at getting this, as I paid 50 notes for a hozelock hose/reel last year and the thing leaks all over the place and kinks all the time (supposed not to).

Apparently Gardena are very good but on their website they have three! types of hose.

A case of you get what you pay for?

qh
      Eh?

You mean you actually touch your own garden hose?

What on earth does your Gardner get up to on a daily basis
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Eh?

He is busy with the drainage problem in the lower pasture. Normally I fly over by helicopter to check in him but now I just use a drone.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

He is busy with the drainage problem in the lower pasture. Normally I fly over by helicopter to check in him but now I just use a drone.

qh
          Yes, I appreciate that may take a lot of the head gardeners time, what about the rest of his team
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes, I appreciate that may take a lot of the head gardeners time, what about the rest of his team
            I think qh likes watering plants and mowing lawns so he can pretend he's down with the plebs because he gets his hands dirty ....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

He is busy with the drainage problem in the lower pasture.
              Is that a euphemism?

Anyway, hose alone, I'd expect to pay £1 per metre for cheap, and up to £2 for better quality, so for a normal contractor's garden, you're dropping £500 on the hose*

*if you have standpipes conveniently located down a centre line of each section of garden.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I use Gardena, it's expensive but last for decades, very strong under high temperatures and low temperatures.

Comment

I went with this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-78.../dp/B00AZVV0YY

along with this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decent quality and the hose is pretty good and doesn't kink so much.

Comment

Eh?

Mrs QH of course.

Think Lady Handles lover.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X