• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Slingbox users?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a SlingBox setup in the garage for my brother to use in Italy. It's connected to an old Freeview reciever and works pretty well. You are correct that it does need its own receiver and that no one else can be using it at the same time. As for things like series link etc, it's all down to what the Freeview receiver dooes, so if you want to be able to record/pause etc then you need a Freeview box with those features.

It's worth checking that there is a suitable remote configured for the Freeview box before buying one as that's quite important.

The system is generally reliable, it needs re-booting maybe 3 times a year and we have a web enabled plug so he can do it remotely without needing to ask me.

He uses an Amazon Firestick plugged into his TV at his end which means you can use the Firestick remote to control it all.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by InsertWittyNameHere555 View Post
      Looks interesting, so I plug my feed from a satellite dish into one of the "server" thingies and it can then be picked up else where, is it LAN only or can it go out over WAN too?
      its IP if you route it right it can go anywhere.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X