• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving domain (and email) to another provider?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Host your e-mail properly and you'll resolve half your issues - either use Google, or Microsoft (I love O365). Then just your hosting provider or registrar as a DNS provider and let the real boys do the proper work.

Comment

I used to use Amazon WorkMail (cheap as chips) but it was just a little bit flaky and none of the issues I had were ever resolved.

Moved over to O365 (E3 subscription is free for 5 licenses if you have a MS Partner Action Pack) and am much happier. The basic package, if you don't want all the O365 gumpf is only about £3 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I used to use Amazon WorkMail (cheap as chips) but it was just a little bit flaky and none of the issues I had were ever resolved.

Moved over to O365 (E3 subscription is free for 5 licenses if you have a MS Partner Action Pack) and am much happier. The basic package, if you don't want all the O365 gumpf is only about £3 a month.
        Honestly, for my money, Microsoft don't have a competitor in this arena. Google is alright, but if you want that real integrated enterprise feel then it's Exchange all the way. And what you get for your money is really quite impressive.

Comment

Can't recall the details but moved my small business website a few years ago and it was very easy. Following is Hostpapa guide but prob. much the same for any host.

How to make your transfer to HostPapa as seamless as possible

Throughout the years email has been the biggest source of problems, best to have code for plain php, host, gmail etc and switch whenever you need to.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 8 May 2017, 20:39.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            Host your e-mail properly and you'll resolve half your issues - either use Google, or Microsoft (I love O365). Then just your hosting provider or registrar as a DNS provider and let the real boys do the proper work.
            Might be a plan. domainmonster setup appears very amatuerish. Seems to be one guy all the time who answers support calls.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Might be a plan. domainmonster setup appears very amatuerish. Seems to be one guy all the time who answers support calls.
              Vidahost support is second to none, it's the main reason I recommend them.

The email offering from them is nothing fancy, just basic IMAP, but really what more do you want? People talk about Office 365 Integration but how many people actually use it.

As for the website transfer, Vidahost will help out with that, if they can't I am sure there are some people around who can help you with website scraping
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                I suspect that the level of support is going to have to change now that they are part of 123. I have a couple of domains registered with them (I think) but don't use them.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

To be honest, I think office 365 is the way to go.

I've had so many issues with domainmonsters email servers. Like I said it was down for most of the day yesterday and this is not a rare occurence. Not so long ago they completely screwed up and all incoming email got bounced for a day or two. That was not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    The email offering from them is nothing fancy, just basic IMAP, but really what more do you want? People talk about Office 365 Integration but how many people actually use it.
                    Proper calendar and contacts sync, full Outlook support/functionality (e.g., server side rules), included copies of Office (with the right package), 1TB of OneDrive storage etc. I use the hell out of my O365 features, absolutely love having that degree of functionality without ever having to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Proper calendar and contacts sync, full Outlook support/functionality (e.g., server side rules), included copies of Office (with the right package), 1TB of OneDrive storage etc. I use the hell out of my O365 features, absolutely love having that degree of functionality without ever having to think about it.
                      If I retrieve all of my current email then move my domain over to an O365 based can I then "upload" all my old email?

Comment

Working...
                      X