• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV prog / movie downloads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV prog / movie downloads

I going away next week for a few days and so what is the best site to download tv progs and movies onto an ipad ?

Netflix now allows you to download content so you can watch on planes. Etc. Brilliant stuff.

Or are you talking about torrenting stuff?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks either/or really - anything to give me 4hrs of peace on forthcoming flight...

Comment

Tvchaos

Comment

Prime allows you to download for a few days.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Tvchaos
            Interesting. Are you a member? I'm finding it impossible these days to get any ratio whatsoever. It looks like the "big boys" with seedboxes get all the action while a lowly home user like me gets nowt. What about you?

EDIT: to answer the OP's question, TPB is still around and going strong. Remember you might need to convert downloaded content to mp4 format so you can get it on to your iPad using iTunes. Other methods are available.
            Last edited by Platypus; 17 April 2017, 15:17.

Comment

I used sky go extra - you can download box sets and movies for a few quid a month.
              I used a free trial before holiday and cancelled afterwards.

Comment

If you already have content in your possession then Plex (https://plex.tv) is really good; set up the server to catalogue your content the use the app to sync to your devices in a format that works on iDevices, alternatively there is Waltr (https://softorino.com/waltr/download) which can send virtually any format of audio/video to an iDevice and allow it to be played natively (i.e. using the Music and Video apps) with no conversion and the latest version also grabs the metadata so any files on your device look "pretty" as if they came from iTunes itself.

Other options have been mentioned; iPlayer, Sky Q, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video now allow content to be synced offline for a number of days at a time (some enforce a 48 hour watch limit from the time you start to watch the downloaded file).

Comment

Originally posted by ThomserveBAS View Post
                  If you already have content in your possession then Plex (https://plex.tv) is really good; set up the server to catalogue your content the use the app to sync to your devices in a format that works on iDevices, alternatively there is Waltr (https://softorino.com/waltr/download) which can send virtually any format of audio/video to an iDevice and allow it to be played natively (i.e. using the Music and Video apps) with no conversion and the latest version also grabs the metadata so any files on your device look "pretty" as if they came from iTunes itself.

Other options have been mentioned; iPlayer, Sky Q, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video now allow content to be synced offline for a number of days at a time (some enforce a 48 hour watch limit from the time you start to watch the downloaded file).
                  +1 for Plex, however as an aside there are costs involved, the app is free but there are costs on top for things like offline sync
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X