+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default TV prog / movie downloads

I going away next week for a few days and so what is the best site to download tv progs and movies onto an ipad ?

My post count is Majestic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Netflix now allows you to download content so you can watch on planes. Etc. Brilliant stuff.

Or are you talking about torrenting stuff?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks either/or really - anything to give me 4hrs of peace on forthcoming flight...

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tvchaos

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Prime allows you to download for a few days.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Ducklike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    Tvchaos
    Interesting. Are you a member? I'm finding it impossible these days to get any ratio whatsoever. It looks like the "big boys" with seedboxes get all the action while a lowly home user like me gets nowt. What about you?

EDIT: to answer the OP's question, TPB is still around and going strong. Remember you might need to convert downloaded content to mp4 format so you can get it on to your iPad using iTunes. Other methods are available.
    Last edited by Platypus; 17th April 2017 at 15:17.

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used sky go extra - you can download box sets and movies for a few quid a month.
    I used a free trial before holiday and cancelled afterwards.

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you already have content in your possession then Plex (https://plex.tv) is really good; set up the server to catalogue your content the use the app to sync to your devices in a format that works on iDevices, alternatively there is Waltr (https://softorino.com/waltr/download) which can send virtually any format of audio/video to an iDevice and allow it to be played natively (i.e. using the Music and Video apps) with no conversion and the latest version also grabs the metadata so any files on your device look "pretty" as if they came from iTunes itself.

Other options have been mentioned; iPlayer, Sky Q, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video now allow content to be synced offline for a number of days at a time (some enforce a 48 hour watch limit from the time you start to watch the downloaded file).

TykeLike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomserveBAS View Post
    If you already have content in your possession then Plex (https://plex.tv) is really good; set up the server to catalogue your content the use the app to sync to your devices in a format that works on iDevices, alternatively there is Waltr (https://softorino.com/waltr/download) which can send virtually any format of audio/video to an iDevice and allow it to be played natively (i.e. using the Music and Video apps) with no conversion and the latest version also grabs the metadata so any files on your device look "pretty" as if they came from iTunes itself.

Other options have been mentioned; iPlayer, Sky Q, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video now allow content to be synced offline for a number of days at a time (some enforce a 48 hour watch limit from the time you start to watch the downloaded file).
    +1 for Plex, however as an aside there are costs involved, the app is free but there are costs on top for things like offline sync
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

+ Reply to Thread