• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Machine Learning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine Learning.

Is there any point in skipping learning asp.net and mvc and proceeding directly into Machine Learning? Basically writing programs that will make asp.net and mvc developers obsolete. Also I hope Maching Learning is easy to learn... I mean Cortana is pretty clever by now I guess.

Why don't you ask Siri ?

Comment

Depends what you want to do with it.
      I went down the Python, PANDAS, Pybrain sklearn route for prediction.
      Found it comparatively straightforward.

Comment

coursera do some good, free courses on machine learning.

Comment

I watched a presentation yesterday where Cortana will listen to the drivee-through at Mcdonalds and then speech recognize it and arrange into a written burger order. The argument was that in Mcdonalds stores apprently can get quite loud with the childrenen in the back so human employees can't always hear the order properly. So here comes Cortana. They didn't say what the mcdonalds employees thought of that. But the developers and business people in the audience applauded loudly the poor sods soon to be unemployed.

So i figure get into that niche... work on people being out of work.... sure I won't put it that way with my official credentials. I'd just laugh mindlessly like we are supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
            I watched a presentation yesterday where Cortana will listen to the drivee-through at Mcdonalds and then speech recognize it and arrange into a written burger order. The argument was that in Mcdonalds stores apprently can get quite loud with the childrenen in the back so human employees can't always hear the order properly. So here comes Cortana. They didn't say what the mcdonalds employees thought of that. But the developers and business people in the audience applauded loudly the poor sods soon to be unemployed.

So i figure get into that niche... work on people being out of work.... sure I won't put it that way with my official credentials. I'd just laugh mindlessly like we are supposed to.
            I have no doubt that AI will replace jobs, however Cortana still struggles with weather and traffic questions.

Comment

Alexa gets it wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                Is there any point in skipping learning asp.net and mvc and proceeding directly into Machine Learning? Basically writing programs that will make asp.net and mvc developers obsolete. Also I hope Maching Learning is easy to learn... I mean Cortana is pretty clever by now I guess.
                Why learn machine learning, surely a machine somewhere is already busy learning machine learning?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Why learn machine learning, surely a machine somewhere is already busy learning machine learning?
                  There is more to teach them. Haven't you seen the Terminator ?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I have no doubt that AI will replace jobs, however Cortana still struggles with weather and traffic questions.
                    The Google one on my phone is remarkably good. However the bigger risk to McDonalds is surely robots cooking the food, since the point is everything is done in a totally scripted way already.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X