• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Analyst skills/technologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think this is a big strength of Agile, they get the chance to say "what the hell is that? That's not what we wanted, it needs to do..." very early on rather than when you deliver it for testing

The value of being able to be hands-on with some crappy prototype is invaluable, you get requirements creep caught as part of the initial requirements.
    Very much a necessity to prototype where I am.

Costly "mistakes" can be made otherwise.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I suppose prototypes are a part of waterfall and classic methodologies anyway, but in Agile the "make one to throw away" idea is replaced with continuous refactoring. All those little details you get even in a prototype are valuable. Unless your prototype is "I knocked this up in VBA+Excel during lunch".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I suppose prototypes are a part of waterfall and classic methodologies anyway, but in Agile the "make one to throw away" idea is replaced with continuous refactoring. All those little details you get even in a prototype are valuable. Unless your prototype is "I knocked this up in VBA+Excel during lunch".
        With BI it's usually make one and shove it live

"But the numbers haven't been tested, it was just for look and feel"
        "And it looks and feels good - get it promoted to live!"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          With BI it's usually make one and shove it live

"But the numbers haven't been tested, it was just for look and feel"
          "And it looks and feels good - get it promoted to live!"

They want you back at the ranch

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            They want you back at the ranch
            Not my fault that my prototypes are better than the other team's end product.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X