• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel update has screwed data connection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel update has screwed data connection

Have an Excel accounts sheets that uses data connection to retrieve sales records from my shopping cart. Got a lot of Windows 10 updates today including a security update for Excel and now it's not working any more.

The main code is:
    With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= thisurl, Destination:=Range("$C$10"))
    .Name = "showorders4_1"
    .FieldNames = True
    ----etc etc------
    .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
    End With

Range("C10:C1000").Select
    Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C10"), DataType:=xlDelimited,TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote , ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _
    Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo _
    :=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 1), _
    ----etc etc---
    46, 1), Array(47, 1), Array(48, 1)), TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

It gets to .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False and hangs. If it delete that line it says "No data selected to parse". Can't see anything useful on the MS info on this update. Any data connection experts got an idea? Ta.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Uninstall the patch and turn off the automatic updates, as a start?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Cheers Scruff but just tried it again today and it's working. Maybe some temp site problem, fault and update just a coincidence.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ah but the update has screwed Media Player! Crashes when I try and play MPG. Ta MS. (No date on that page but Google says 3 days ago)

Windows 10 Media Player crashes since yesterday
        bloggoth

Comment

Working...
        X