+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Gaming PC's

  1. #11
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    21,174
    Thanks (Given)
    207
    Thanks (Received)
    990
    Likes (Given)
    910
    Likes (Received)
    3048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I've just bought this graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 1080 - 546.89 from amazon - not got it yet though but seems cheap for a 1080.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Just seen the price change to 499.95. If you are within the refund period, phone Amazon customer service and ask for a refund...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,543
    Thanks (Given)
    50
    Thanks (Received)
    60
    Likes (Given)
    383
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Just seen the price change to 499.95. If you are within the refund period, phone Amazon customer service and ask for a refund...
    I thought that might happen when I saw your post about the TI - just couldnt wait to install it I'm onto Amazon to see what they can do though not going to worry too much about 50 quid after all my company paid for this for multi-monitor support

  3. #13
    sal
    sal is offline

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    35
    Likes (Given)
    181
    Likes (Received)
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I thought that might happen when I saw your post about the TI - just couldnt wait to install it I'm onto Amazon to see what they can do though not going to worry too much about 50 quid after all my company paid for this for multi-monitor support
    They are usually quite accommodating and reasonable and can manipulate prices to an extend. One of my deliveries went missing, so they had me to cancel the order and re-order it, when i pointed out that i mad the original order at a much lower price (can't remember if it was deal or the price just went up in the meantime) they told me to do the re-order anyway and give them the order number so they went in and adjusted the price manually to the original order price.

    Worst case scenario if they refuse to refund you the price difference - start a return procedure for the original order and make a new order at the lower price, when the item arrives - send it right back as a return of the original item, no need to remove the already installed GPU, package it etc.

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,543
    Thanks (Given)
    50
    Thanks (Received)
    60
    Likes (Given)
    383
    Likes (Received)
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    They are usually quite accommodating and reasonable and can manipulate prices to an extend. One of my deliveries went missing, so they had me to cancel the order and re-order it, when i pointed out that i mad the original order at a much lower price (can't remember if it was deal or the price just went up in the meantime) they told me to do the re-order anyway and give them the order number so they went in and adjusted the price manually to the original order price.

    Worst case scenario if they refuse to refund you the price difference - start a return procedure for the original order and make a new order at the lower price, when the item arrives - send it right back as a return of the original item, no need to remove the already installed GPU, package it etc.
    Great idea! They refused to refund the price difference, bit annoyed but there you go, eager beaver!
    Last edited by woohoo; 3rd March 2017 at 16:05.

  5. #15
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    21,174
    Thanks (Given)
    207
    Thanks (Received)
    990
    Likes (Given)
    910
    Likes (Received)
    3048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    They are usually quite accommodating and reasonable and can manipulate prices to an extend. One of my deliveries went missing, so they had me to cancel the order and re-order it, when i pointed out that i mad the original order at a much lower price (can't remember if it was deal or the price just went up in the meantime) they told me to do the re-order anyway and give them the order number so they went in and adjusted the price manually to the original order price.

    Worst case scenario if they refuse to refund you the price difference - start a return procedure for the original order and make a new order at the lower price, when the item arrives - send it right back as a return of the original item, no need to remove the already installed GPU, package it etc.
    I've done the same myself in the past - delivery and collection came on the same day so I asked the driver to wait 2 minutes as I opened the box removed the despatch note added the return slip and put on the return label.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  6. #16

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    30,918
    Thanks (Given)
    96
    Thanks (Received)
    342
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    1216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I used to build every 2-3 years but that has slowly drawn out, to a point where I dont even have a schedule for my next one.
    Yeah there's on point for regular work or coding. Windows is seemingly more efficient now than it used to be so why upgrade just for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,815
    Thanks (Given)
    12
    Thanks (Received)
    67
    Likes (Given)
    316
    Likes (Received)
    475

    Default

    1500 - man, just go flying for real!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.