+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    90
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    [QUOTE=portseven;2378686]She was hired as head of marketing!!! Getting involved due to previous job having 'IT' in the title

    The Meraki stuff looks interesting, they just need some segments in place with some ACL's plus some central VPN[/QUO

    If there is not an IT team with a networking skill set this is most probably something you want to bring in a 3rd party to do for you. There are lots of companies that can do this as a service for cheaper than this company can do it themselves. They key is not to get to bogged down in the technical solution at first but to focus on what the requirements are and how the service will be managed once everything is rolled out. I'm on the bench at the moment so would be happy to have a quick phone call to go through what your options and approach could be. PM me if you are interested,

  2. #12
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    21,212
    Thanks (Given)
    207
    Thanks (Received)
    1000
    Likes (Given)
    925
    Likes (Received)
    3063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetza View Post
    If there is not an IT team with a networking skill set this is most probably something you want to bring in a 3rd party to do for you. There are lots of companies that can do this as a service for cheaper than this company can do it themselves. They key is not to get to bogged down in the technical solution at first but to focus on what the requirements are and how the service will be managed once everything is rolled out. I'm on the bench at the moment so would be happy to have a quick phone call to go through what your options and approach could be. PM me if you are interested,
    +1 - this is something you employ a company to do and run for you. It ain't worth the hassle doing it yourself even if you have suitable IT staff which by the sounds of it they don't
    Last edited by eek; 27th February 2017 at 13:51.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #13

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,062
    Thanks (Given)
    598
    Thanks (Received)
    532
    Likes (Given)
    4077
    Likes (Received)
    2329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post

    +1 - this is something you employ someone to do and run for you. It ain't worth the hassle doing it yourself even if you have suitable IT staff which by the sounds of it they don't

    I was actually going to suggest he gave my Mum a call, she's at a loose end and I can supply her all the relevant pages from Wiki

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    portseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the polling booth
    Posts
    1,148
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    +1 For Meraki

    Depending on how big each of the sites are there should be a suitable option for all, not cheap but they will have to realise if they want it done right it will cost them
    Just been having a good look at that stuff today, very impressed. Know a few places that would be very suitable for, looks like rolling out a good WAN would be relatively easy for someone with that.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

  5. #15

    I live on CUK

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    24,247
    Thanks (Given)
    509
    Thanks (Received)
    1962
    Likes (Given)
    4923
    Likes (Received)
    4363

    Default

    Indeed outsource to a decent firm.

    Plenty of big suppliers BT/AT&T etc.



    Let them do the security properly & any running about.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #16

    More time posting than coding

    jimjamuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    203
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default

    Run out some DMVPN between the hub and spokes and make things easier than running lots of p2p VPN's

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    759
    Thanks (Given)
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    17
    Likes (Given)
    85
    Likes (Received)
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimjamuk View Post
    Run out some DMVPN between the hub and spokes and make things easier than running lots of p2p VPN's
    or hub and spoke it via Azure or AWS.
    Still means managing the VPNs but there will be a lot less of them and also leaves a central, sensible place for new services.

  8. #18

    Contractor Among Contractors

    portseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    the polling booth
    Posts
    1,148
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portseven View Post
    Just been having a good look at that stuff today, very impressed. Know a few places that would be very suitable for, looks like rolling out a good WAN would be relatively easy for someone with that.
    BTW - They went with Meraki, good a good deal and will be using MX65W's plus the device management, its good stuff.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.