• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC locks up - due to overheat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned if off then on?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      I've just had a vision of me sitting at my desk in a catatonic state...
      That's how I've always imagined you.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My last "big" PC ran with the side panel permanently removed. Despite the case being a gaming case with lots of space, a big fan and lots of vents, it overheated.

Problem finally solved by selling it and buying a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          My last "big" PC ran with the side panel permanently removed. Despite the case being a gaming case with lots of space, a big fan and lots of vents, it overheated.

Problem finally solved by selling it and buying a Mac
          ..and never playing a decent game again.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Correct. I wish I had the time. I haven't found a game I've enjoyed since Doom

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Bootcamp?

Comment

Plenty of help out there....

Comment

Not necessarily due to the CPU overheating. Could be RAM, hard drive, graphics card etc.
                  Have a good dust inside, a scout around inside with an IR thermometer, leave the side off, more fans, desk fan, reseat all connectors........

Comment

When you installed the cpu cooler, did you use the right thermal paste and remove the old one carefully?

If it had problems before, the cpu may have been damaged so needs replacing anyway.

Switch to Intel and see how that goes
                    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Correct. I wish I had the time. I haven't found a game I've enjoyed since Doom
                      I know what you mean about time, I've reinstalled Fifa 17 after uninstalling it because it takes up too much time. Will uninstall again, just as soon as I get into div 1 - not long now...just one more season.

Comment

Working...
                      X