• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody boiler question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody boiler question

I have a Halstead ACE boiler that's leaking from the bottom of the boiler (drop every 3 seconds). Looks like its coming from the DHW pipe Plumbase Manuals

It's Xmas Eve and all the gas safe plumbers out there are on the piss, I think I've called all of em. Only British Gas will come out Xmas day!

Anyone any idea if its safe to continue to use the boiler for a day or two?

p.s. Yep I know the boiler is crap.
    Last edited by woohoo; 24 December 2016, 14:54.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I have a Halstead ACE boiler that's leaking from the bottom of the boiler (drop every 3 seconds). Looks like its coming from the DHW pipe Plumbase Manuals

It's Xmas Eve and all the gas safe plumbers out there are on the piss, I think I've called all of em. Only British Gas will come out Xmas day!

Anyone any idea if its safe to continue to use the boiler for a day or two?

p.s. Yep I know the boiler is crap.

Hopefully some of our radiator bleeding experts will be on shortly
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Hopefully some of our radiator bleeding experts will be on shortly
      thanks for that. I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can offer their advice. Or you never know we may even have a gas safe contractor on here!

Comment

thanks for that. I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can offer their advice. Or you never know we may even have a gas safe contractor on here!
        As well as having a bit of fun I was also bumping yer post.

Indeed you never know...........a real sod over christmas

Have you not got anything you can seal the the pipe with?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

As well as having a bit of fun I was also bumping yer post.

Indeed you never know...........a real sod over christmas

Have you not got anything you can seal the the pipe with?
          No worries, I've posted on a "proper" gas boiler forum also.

I don't mind the leak, I've got a bowl under it and its out of the way in the Garage. I don't really want to touch anything, it might be the leak is designed (if pressure too high or something). So would rather get a plumber out to look at it - though obviously they are not answering their phones.

From what I've read it should be ok though a water leak over time can cause issues.

Comment

No worries, I've posted on a "proper" gas boiler forum also.

I don't mind the leak, I've got a bowl under it and its out of the way in the Garage. I don't really want to touch anything, it might be the leak is designed (if pressure too high or something). So would rather get a plumber out to look at it - though obviously they are not answering their phones.

From what I've read it should be ok though a water leak over time can cause issues.
            I suspected this may be the case, but as I'm about as qualified as chocolate fire guard, I thought I would keep schtum
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I suspected this may be the case, but as I'm about as qualified as chocolate fire guard, I thought I would keep schtum
              Hah same here. I'm just looking for reassurance really from someone with more knowledge than me.

Comment

I had a leak from my boiler earlier in the year but it was a different make. It was the DHW pipe plus a sensor was screwed. It was safe to use.

Main problem with leaks is they can lead to rust and corrosion so I now have a new boiler.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I had a leak from my boiler earlier in the year but it was a different make. It was the DHW pipe plus a sensor was screwed. It was safe to use.

Main problem with leaks is they can lead to rust and corrosion so I now have a new boiler.
                  great to hear, well not that you had a problem but that the boiler is safe to use

Comment

great to hear, well not that you had a problem but that the boiler is safe to use
                    The only thing I recommend us when getting your boiler serviced/repaired use someone recommended, and if they are a company don't them them off the hook if one of their plumbers screws up.

(And no it wasn't BG but the same rules apply.)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X