• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend a MIFI temporary wifi thingy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    After many many years my Alcatel Y800 has died an honourable death, what is the best to replace with these days, or should I just get another of the same
    Can you not just use your phone?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've got one of https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-E557...&keywords=mifi

Both the tp-link or Huawei will do what you want you just need to pick one...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Can you not just use your phone?
        I like having a second device for internet when I am out with the family and we can all connect to one mobile router, also when I am on clients site that don't have guest wifi.

I am on a legacy three tariff which gives me 15gb a month dirt cheap
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I've got one of https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-E557...&keywords=mifi

Both the tp-link or Huawei will do what you want you just need to pick one...
          I assume you mean the TP-Link M7350, that is only a Cat 4 rather than a Cat 6 (4G compared to 4G+) might as well make it future proof as the last one lasted me years.

I was looking at the Huawei E5786, but in honest the number convention makes little to no sense, out of left field the Zyxel WAH7706 gets good review

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I assume you mean the TP-Link M7350, that is only a Cat 4 rather than a Cat 6 (4G compared to 4G+) might as well make it future proof as the last one lasted me years.

I was looking at the Huawei E5786, but in honest the number convention makes little to no sense, out of left field the Zyxel WAH7706 gets good review
            My viewpoint is that one was £60 the other was £160 (at the time) and not in stock when I needed it. The price saving and availability won over increased speed
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Went with the Zyxel, so far very impressed with it

Comment

Working...
              X