• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Client CEO gave me a Parrot drone as a thank you once. I flew it into the Thames from Wandsworth Park second flight. I've since imported 3 cheap ones from China - all of which I've either lost or broken beyond repair.
    Wife got me a novelty Millennium Falcon drone for birthday, ended up on the roof of the local community center first trip out!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is there any laws is UK regarding the use of a drone?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Wife got me a novelty Millennium Falcon drone for birthday, ended up on the roof of the local community center first trip out!
        Ah that's a shame. That was so cool.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This weekend I stumbled upon two operators. The first in the local bay area who was recording or at least viewing the 1/2 marathon runners and its range and maneuverability looked impressive.

Then yesterday I was in a local country park walking the dog and there was a chap with one. We had a bit of a chat and the quality looked fantastic. This was a £1200 DJI one where the controller attached to his phone. Very impressive indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Is there any laws is UK regarding the use of a drone?
            There Most certainly are, there are Civil aviation guidelines with regards to the use of Drones, you should not be flying within 250 feet of building or people and you cannot use them for taking photos for commercial use unless you have a pilots license.

I think people underestimate how dangerous drones are If you hit someone with it I just hope you thought about insurance.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-Ind...nned-Aircraft/

Comment

Working...
            X