• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spf1 records to stop spoofing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spf1 records to stop spoofing

Hi there, I hope someone can help.

An email account on my domain is being used for spam, I am getting a few rejected emails which I didn't send.

My email host (zoho) have told me to add an spf1 record to my domain as follows

V=spf1 mx include:zoho.com -all

I already have an spf1 record as follows

v=spf1 include:_spf.freeagent.com mx a:smtp.hosts.co.uk a:athena.hosts.co.uk a:hermes.hosts.co.uk autgoing-smtp.namesco.net ?all

(Sorry about the emoticon, no idea how to remove that!)

I need the free agent bit, so I can send emails from my domain via free agent, the rest I think are historic entries from my domain hosts namesco and are probably no longer valid.

How do I include both the zoho and free agent bits into one spf1 record?

Thanks

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Hi there, I hope someone can help.

An email account on my domain is being used for spam, I am getting a few rejected emails which I didn't send.

My email host (zoho) have told me to add an spf1 record to my domain as follows

V=spf1 mx include:zoho.com -all

I already have an spf1 record as follows

v=spf1 include:_spf.freeagent.com mx a:smtp.hosts.co.uk a:athena.hosts.co.uk a:hermes.hosts.co.uk autgoing-smtp.namesco.net ?all

(Sorry about the emoticon, no idea how to remove that!)

I need the free agent bit, so I can send emails from my domain via free agent, the rest I think are historic entries from my domain hosts namesco and are probably no longer valid.

How do I include both the zoho and free agent bits into one spf1 record?

Thanks
    Found a solution, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
      Found a solution, thanks
      Why not share for the next person?

Comment

It's simply just a case of listing the required domains in any order so mine is

v=spf1 include:zoho.com include:_spf.freeagent.com -all

Comment

Working...
        X