• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple make the hard things easy and the easy hard :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
    As for the battery life, as cojak says it has gone to shhh. It's no longer making it through the day - just when I thought that was finally behind me and stopped carrying a charger.
    +1. And since my phone is only just over a year old I really will seriously look elsewhere next time. At least my iPhone 4 lasted 3+ years...

For the price I'll just have to accept phone upgrades every 18 - 24 months (which I hate...).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      And not only that, I've noticed that since the iOS10 upgrade, the battery life is rapidly being sucked from my iPhone 6 like nobody's business.

Lasy month I could go a couple (or more) days, just listening to the radio or iTunes, now I'm just lasting the day.

I suspect that the next upgrade will reduce it further...
      Have a look at Settings > Battery and see what apps are destroying your battery life.
      Background app refresh can also get turned back on when they do an iOS upgrade, so you may need to reset them.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I have exactly the problem of the OP, and have spent the morning trying to figure out how to get into my icloud storage, I have been backing up to one drive for a while now but want to see if I can find a video of my late friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident. I filmed him playing his guitar shortly before and his son would like it. My last hope is that its in icloud but how the hell are you supposed to get in there, my phone tells me I have over 50 videos stored in icloud but getting at them ? The 5s keeps telling me the local storage is full. I would love to get my 2000 pics, and 50 videos out of icloud and onto onedrive which is more user friendly but is that possible ?

Comment

I'm on iOS 10.1 and all through the beta cycle battery life has been the same as 9 for me, even the early betas which are always notorious battery eaters....

Comment

Does the checkbox for optimise iPhone storage not sort this out? So it will download what thumbnails it can, but automatically delete them if needed for other stuff you want to store on your phone?

I've got this setting ticket on the iPhone and iPad and occasionally seen the "device nearly full" type message but never actually run out of space so i'm guessing its working as it should?

Comment

Working...
            X