• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Painless bookkeeping for contractors, from your iPhone

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows phone user here so I'm out. And whilst there are only a few of us we are willing to pay up to 1.50 per app. I speak for all windows phone users, we had a meeting.

Comment

Symbian S60 user here so I am out. And whilst there are even less of us we are willing to pay up to One pound, seven and six per app. I speak for all Sybmian phone users, both of us had a meeting.
      Last edited by SimonMac; 22 September 2016, 08:37.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Its also less than 50% of the paid app market so its understandable why companies focus on iOS first
        Ah didn't know that, can't find anything to back it up mind ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
          Ah didn't know that, can't find anything to back it up mind ;-)

Google Play Store vs the Apple App Store: by the numbers
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nokia 7110 user here so I'm out but still cool as **** when I flip it out to answer a call #iamthematrix
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              It's a bit cheaper than FreeAgent
              Ah but, by switching to a FA accountant I instantly saved around £45 a month. And the FA app is free then and totally integrates with FA. So, the big picture is, that FA is indeed cheaper in my case.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

It's going to be a tall order to beat the establishment of FreeAgent, with what i consider a rather pricey app (or rather 2 apps).

Which brings me to my next question - why the hell 2 separate apps? One of the motos on your website is "No more juggling apps to achieve a simple task"...

What kind of exports it can make?

Which major accounting products it integrates with?

How are we going to achieve the mythical 30% savings on accountancy fees?

Sorry to be blunt but it looks like just the next half baked tulip app intended to get some hype and money out of gullible punters. With some exceptions we are all out of those around here.

Comment

So accountanta aren't allowed to advertise but this is......
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't expect you to give your app for free, but giving the fact that it looks so basic, the only way to get people to use it is to offer free version and limit it to 10 records lets say. People can try it and if like it - buy the full version. the only reason i could think of, for not doing that is that you know your app is not up to scratch and once people realise that will not buy it.

How am i going to save money if I only buy half the product for money-in lets say. My accountant still needs both money-in and money-out data, so essentially i need both products to supposedly save money on accounting. And then have to jump between the 2 apps, and export from 2 apps, which is a hassle, your apps claim to be trying to avoid in the first place...

Your integration and export features are boiling down to .csv exports. If you think that dumping a random .CSV in an accountant lap will lower the price of their services, you are sorely mistaken, and probably never had an interaction with accountants.

Tulip is a local jargon for sh*t, and by calling your app that i wasn't referring to how well it is made, after all i haven't used it (nor intend to). Nor do I question your abilities as a developer(s). I question it's usefulness for the target audience.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      So accountanta aren't allowed to advertise but this is......
                      I do hope admin has sent an invoice otherwise the poster's name should be appearing in a different thread.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X