• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Noise Cancelling Lync/Skype Headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Decided to read the instructions for the Momentums and it turns out you can use them as a USB headset - the USB cable is used for charging, but you can use the headphones as USB audio when plugged in to your computer.
    So, in a roundabout way, my suggestion was valid and hits the brief (for once).
    Well done son, well done!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      I have been looking at these as well as the Jabra Evolve 65 (Jabra EVOLVE 65 headset with quality microphone) as my current Plantronics C510 headset is falling apart. I'm concerned that the Backbeat pro will be too huge to carry around. Have you got one of these EinsteinJnr?

I am keen to move to Bluetooth as I can switch between my phone and laptop as the headset allows me to pair with both.
      Think I have plumbed for the Evolve 40's, can't see the point in getting wireless ones unless you are going to use them out side the office, and who would want the mic boom when just listening to music?!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Think I have plumbed for the Evolve 40's, can't see the point in getting wireless ones unless you are going to use them out side the office, and who would want the mic boom when just listening to music?!
        Does the mic boom detatch easily?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I don't think it does, look at the official material they all show the mic, folded away but still attached.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Give it to my kids. They will prove it does.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have some very similar looking Jabra ones supplied by Clientco (except they're single ear ones). Assuming it's a standard feature, the microphone boom sticks to the headstrap by way of a little magnet, you'd barely know it was there. It doesn't detach though.

BTW, shed loads of them have been broken by people not retracting the ear pieces into the head strap before zipping them into the travel pouch so.....fair warning!

Comment

I've tried various when working from home, including Plantronic, Logitech, and other names I forget. All were ok, but not much more. The range is poor, so if you want to go and make a cup of tea while on a conference call, forget it.

Compare this with the Senheiser ones that my client use, and you can almost walk to the shops, or go on holiday with them, the range is excellent. Mind you, they are over £200 a set so they should be good.

Comment

buy cheap buy twice.
                  And still pay less, generally

Slightly off-topic but I came across these this monring. Wonder if anyone has looked into them?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...your-ears--4#/
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I use a bluetooth plantronics voyager legend with half a boots' wax earplug in the other ear if it's serious noisy - but such situations are rare for me, thankfully. Most physical large bulky headsets I tried were a PITA. Bluetooth is stable and I can walk to the kitchen no problem during conference calls. Firmware update 107 seems to sort out most reported issues. Dirt cheap second hand on ebay too.

There's a decent charging case for it too, if you're the traveling type.

Boots Pharmaceuticals Muffles Wax Earplugs 5 Pairs Ear Plugs - Boots
                    In possession of faculties. Almost.

Comment

Working...
                    X