• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Noise Cancelling Lync/Skype Headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what you need my friend - http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/backbeat-pro-plus

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
      This is what you need my friend - BackBeat PRO+ - Plantronics
      You've never used lync have you?

Comment

Be aware that if you cancel out the noise in the ear buds, you won't be able to hear your own voice though your ears. That can be very discombobulating - I've gone out and bought non noise blocking headphones which I use for calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
          This is what you need my friend - BackBeat PRO+ - Plantronics
          I have been looking at these as well as the Jabra Evolve 65 (Jabra EVOLVE 65 headset with quality microphone) as my current Plantronics C510 headset is falling apart. I'm concerned that the Backbeat pro will be too huge to carry around. Have you got one of these EinsteinJnr?

I am keen to move to Bluetooth as I can switch between my phone and laptop as the headset allows me to pair with both.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            Be aware that if you cancel out the noise in the ear buds, you won't be able to hear your own voice though your ears. That can be very discombobulating - I've gone out and bought non noise blocking headphones which I use for calls.
            ^ This. If you cannot hear you own voice, or there's a slight delay, because what you are hearing is going to the other end and coming back to the earphones, it will completely screw your brain, and you will sound like a robot monotone to everyone on the call.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
              I have been looking at these as well as the Jabra Evolve 65 (Jabra EVOLVE 65 headset with quality microphone) as my current Plantronics C510 headset is falling apart. I'm concerned that the Backbeat pro will be too huge to carry around. Have you got one of these EinsteinJnr?

I am keen to move to Bluetooth as I can switch between my phone and laptop as the headset allows me to pair with both.
              On my iPhone Skype often fails to maintain the connection to my BT headset. I've reverted to a wired headset. After quite a bit of investigation this is not an uncommon problem with Skype

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post

Hey redgiant, I tried them last year and have been wanting to get a pair. I use the voyager legend and it most of its features are now in the Backbeat pro - now that I am working from home, might get a pair as I tend to work listening to music.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  High: Sennheiser MOMENTUM wireless Headphones with integrated microphone (am just about to try them out on my laptop for VOIP call)
                  I have these, Momentum Wireless 2.0 (over ear) and they are simply awesome 'phones.......my go to Gym pair, replacing Shure SE315s.....but I haven't used for Lync - disappointed that I didn't think of it, could've been a MyCo purchase
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

This is why I love this place, in my mind a specific set of requirements (wired, for Lync/Skype) and recommendations for everything else but what I asked

Thanks for those who have "helped" so far though
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Decided to read the instructions for the Momentums and it turns out you can use them as a USB headset - the USB cable is used for charging, but you can use the headphones as USB audio when plugged in to your computer.
                      So, in a roundabout way, my suggestion was valid and hits the brief (for once).
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X