• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MiFi device that offers site-to-site VPN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for
    RPi+3g/4g usb stick
    configure the pi's wifi module to accept ad-hoc connections and share the VPN connection.
    Along these lines.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
      +1 for
      RPi+3g/4g usb stick
      configure the pi's wifi module to accept ad-hoc connections and share the VPN connection.
      Along these lines.
      Can the RPI be powered from just USB?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I wonder if Cisco's router on a stick will work, the ASAv?

https://blog.sanghera.me.uk/cisco-asav-vlans/

Cisco ASA not for the faint-hearted though and I'm not sure the above link is what you want, might get some ideas from it though....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I think so, but I am not sure a USB port can supply ~2A, because you might need this if you have 3G USB dongle + wifi on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Yes it can. Apparently it can suffer brown-out problems if powered from a weak supply and the Pi itself powering USB devices. The 'official' wall cube for the Pi 3 is now rated 2.5A. The Pi 3 also has on-board wifi. I'm right now putting one in a nice little case (99p from China inc p&p! how do they do that?) which would suit a homebrew portable setup if you can make it work.

Do you know if it's possible to get on the VPN from a Linux PC?

Comment

You used to be able to buy dual USB cables for the scenario of needing more power. If one port (such as the charging one) doesn't give enough juice, then connect to a second one as well.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X