• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations for tip-top quality car pressure washer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Money no object, up to about £300.
    I don't know anything about washing cars or using a pressure washer - Obviously my Butler sorts this sort of thing out with one of the outside minions.

However I have a slight issue with the oxymoron!

Comment

wash your car yourself?

INKSPE

go down and get a nice illegal to wash it while you shop.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Really sad, but since I bought a Porsche I wash my car every couple of weeks and wax every few months. I find it really relaxing, though my neighbors think I'm an obsessed tit.

So I agree with what you have said apart from the "Snow foam the car", cause i don't know what you mean. When do you use the clay, I've got some but not used it yet?

God, I am so sad, and so happy this isn't in general.

Snow foam is a cleaning aid, the basic idea is that it grips onto the dirt for longer than just spraying it with water, making it wetter and easier to remove - but also because the foam slowly drips off the car, it takes some of the dirt with it...

With regards to clay, you dont use that as often, once or twice a year, give the car a good thorough wash, use something like Chemical Guys Lime and Prime to get all of your wax off THEN you clay the car to remove anything that's stuck on that hasn't been removed by the previous washes.

If you youtube it chemical guys have a load of videos on the subject.

There are also loads of guides on detailing world, like this chart to show the various steps and when to do them:

Comment

Why this thead is in technical section instead of general.
          The guy that's living here and the mods must be sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Why this thead is in technical section instead of general.
            The guy that's living here and the mods must be sleeping.
            See my previous post - properly washing a car can be very technical.

Or is the technical section just for specific technical questions? where is the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
              See my previous post - properly washing a car can be very technical.

Or is the technical section just for specific technical questions? where is the line?
              No matter how hard you wash that car, I'm afraid it will still be a Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                No matter how hard you wash that car, I'm afraid it will still be a Ford.
                I'm a contractor, I don't drive a permie mobile, mines the one with the three pointed star on the front

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                  I'm a contractor, I don't drive a permie mobile, mines the one with the three pointed star on the front
                  Ahhh... The old man's car?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Nahh, he's got a jag. Because he is old.

Unless you meant that merc are old men's cars... In which case I'm practising for being your age

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Yes because you normally need to be over 40 to insure it

Comment

Working...
                      X