• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash cameras

I thought it was too geeky to serve as a Christmas present for Ms Zazou but having her come home earlier in shock after some cheeky bastards forcing her to make acquaintance with some railings (very low speed) has convinced me that a dash cam would be very much appreciated.

So, who here has a dash cam or has looked into getting one? I'm talking about proper gear but nothing silly expensive.

Originally posted by zazou View Post
    I thought it was too geeky to serve as a Christmas present for Ms Zazou but having her come home earlier in shock after some cheeky bastards forcing her to make acquaintance with some railings (very low speed) has convinced me that a dash cam would be very much appreciated.

So, who here has a dash cam or has looked into getting one? I'm talking about proper gear but nothing silly expensive.
    This one does it all for me...

Comment

I have a Mini 0806, with CPL, installed in my car - can be picked up from Amazon for around £80. Very decent camera, had it properly installed for a few more £s, and it 'just works' very nicely.

Spent a bit of time looking at various models, and settled on the 0806 on the basis of quality for not a silly amount of money.
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

I got a Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional from Halfords a year or so ago. Decent piece of kit, even at night, though I presume there are limits to what it can achieve in pitch dark away from streetlights.

Comment

I ended up getting Nextbase DUO Car Dash Dashboard Video Dual Camera 2" 720P HD DVR Cam based on reviews.

We'll see after Christmas if it's any good. I oughta get one self but I've (zazou Ltd) already bought my present to my self this Christmas.

Comment

Numpty question but don't you worry that leaving a piece of gadgetry like this on your dash is a way of ensuring that the Autoglass fella has his days filled and the local chancer who used to sell sat navs has a new offering to flog down the local boozer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              the local chancer who used to sell sat navs has a new offering to flog down the local boozer?
              Maybe he purchased his from his local chancer
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Maybe he purchased his from his local chancer
                It's like the circle of life.

Comment

As I previously posted on a similar thread; make sure if you ever rely on one of these devices in an accident that your driving is whiter than white. I had an accident in January which was ruled in different ways by the police and the insurance company; the police deemed me to be driving without due care and handed down 7 points for my efforts. My insurers, using the same footage, found me to be free of blame for the accident and found in my favor.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomserveBAS View Post
                    As I previously posted on a similar thread; make sure if you ever rely on one of these devices in an accident that your driving is whiter than white. I had an accident in January which was ruled in different ways by the police and the insurance company; the police deemed me to be driving without due care and handed down 7 points for my efforts. My insurers, using the same footage, found me to be free of blame for the accident and found in my favor.
                    Which is why I currently don't have one.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X