• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Digital photo frame with remote access

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital photo frame with remote access

I've wanted to give my mother a digital photo frame for quite a while but never found anything advanced enough for the money they're asking.

Does anyone here know about a decent one, preferably with remote access features so I or someone else could upload pictures?

We bought my parents a Kodak Pulse a few years back.

As long as it can connect to wifi, you can just email photos onto it and they appear.

Simple.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

On that note, Nixplay Edge 13" @150 seems to be the bomb. The other variants have a rather 1990s 800x600 resolution.

Comment

Or you can go for a cheapo Win8 tablet like this one for as low as £90

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          Or you can go for a cheapo Win8 tablet like this one for as low as £90
          If there is an easy way to remote control the tablet or set up a slide show from the cloud it would be a very exciting exercise to have a Windows tablet. Need to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
            If there is an easy way to remote control the tablet or set up a slide show from the cloud it would be a very exciting exercise to have a Windows tablet. Need to look into it.
            I'm certain there would be, you'd probably have to set it all up locally and then give them the thing (or set it up and say "don't touch anything").
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
              These are running not Windows RT, but x86, so you can use RDP, Teamviewer or whatever other free tool available for any normal windows box to remote over and then you can use 3rd party software or just the windows screensaver to display pictures.

Comment

Epilogue

I found a brand new Nixplay 8 half priced on eBay.
                Just 800x600 on 8" but can't complain for the price and 10GB of cloud storage.

Seems quite idiot proof and robust, can either upload pictures manually or email them to a set address.

Comment

Working...
                X