• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Entertainment - Plex and NAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't matter, sorted it, I can send invites to individual libraries to users
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Cock!

I thought it was free to play back on devices, is it just a one time £3.99 purchase?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Cock!

I thought it was free to play back on devices, is it just a one time £3.99 purchase?
        Get the pass, you get all that for free plus extra features.

I'm not happy with my Plex, or my Plex is not happy with the Netgear D6200 (had to downgrade to ASDL2 in UK move before I left for DK), remote access stops working....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Get the pass, you get all that for free plus extra features.

I'm not happy with my Plex, or my Plex is not happy with the Netgear D6200 (had to downgrade to ASDL2 in UK move before I left for DK), remote access stops working....
          What else do you get for the pass?

Comment

What else do you get for the pass?
            Nowt much, access to new features first, some other stuff, need to check but I've fallen out of love with Plex at the monent and it's probably not it's fault!

And it's almost certainly a valid business expense because the taxman will have no idea what it actually is!

Comment

Home Entertainment - Plex and NAS

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Nowt much, access to new features first, some other stuff, need to check but I've fallen out of love with Plex at the monent and it's probably not it's fault!

And it's almost certainly a valid business expense because the taxman will have no idea what it actually is!
              So pay £3.99 a month for features you can't really explain or a one of £3.99?!

You really are selling it to me lol

Comment

So pay £3.99 a month for features you can't really explain or a one of £3.99?!

You really are selling it to me lol
                https://www.plex.tv/features/plex-pass/

PVR thing, lyrics on music, parental controls, cloud integration, I just paid to support it really!

Comment

You can get lifetime or pay monthly or yearly you can pay for a month to at least get the apps for free. After that streaming is free, but you need (or at least you needed in the past) plex pass to download offline copies to a phone/tablet. You also get additional content like interviews with actors etc. integrated and cloud etc.

There are 2 sets of users - one is the account at Plex.tv that is used to connect your server to plex.tv and manage it. Also for other users to share their servers with you. The other set of user accounts is local to your server and a good way to control what the kids can access and control individual "watched" tags and resume points on half watched stuff.

@Stek, I would guess your problem is that the ADSL upload speeds are tulip (like 1mbps) and can't sustain stream. I have the same issue now, after moving home to a place with no fibre, because BT Open reach don't consider it a good investment to bring the fibre 50m down the road to the massive block of flats I live in.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    @Stek, I would guess your problem is that the ADSL upload speeds are tulip (like 1mbps) and can't sustain stream. I have the same issue now, after moving home to a place with no fibre, because BT Open reach don't consider it a good investment to bring the fibre 50m down the road to the massive block of flats I live in.
                    It worked on 5mb/.5mb when in temp. place before moving.

It's the Netgear D6200 I have now I'm sure, uPnP fills up with tulipe mappings and I turn it off, and on again and it works. By the time I get to my place in Copenhagen it's stopped working again.

Next time I'm home it's bridge mode and put the Airport Extremes back....

When it's not working it just can't find the Plex server I set up...

Comment

Whats the best way (cheapest) to get Plex onto a TV?

Comment

Working...
                      X