• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft buys minecraft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft buys minecraft

BBC News - Microsoft pays $2.5bn for Minecraft maker Mojang

I have bought this both for my 12yo and my 6yo. Now its going to be ruined. Great....

I looked them up, and apparently they make a piece of software in which users spend hours exploring in search of useful things. It's called Windows 8.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I have bought this both for my 12yo and my 6yo. Now its going to be ruined. Great....
      My kids love playing this for its simplicity, collaboration and design experience. I just hope Microsoft don't do a Facebook and start spamming adverts all over it.

Comment

I'm not sure how I can technically help you with this, do you have a specific question about Minecraft?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I'm not sure how I can technically help you with this, do you have a specific question about Minecraft?
          Yes. How do I stop Microsoft from ruining it?

Comment

Yes. How do I stop Microsoft from ruining it?
            Ctrl-Alt-Del?

Comment

Who is running Microsoft's acquisitions department? It's a game, my daughter played it for a while then went off it. It is popular now but games tend to fade away quickly when a better one comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                Who is running Microsoft's acquisitions department? It's a game, my daughter played it for a while then went off it. It is popular now but games tend to fade away quickly when a better one comes along.
                It's a game that has grown in popularity consistently for five years, and it has been continually improved and enhanced, with new features and so forth, throughout its history.

As somebody said today, Microsoft are hoping it will be their Mario. In acquiring it, they're not just getting the game as it currently is, or the development team (all the founders of which have left, anyway): they get a brand which has the potential to be extended for years to come.

Comment

It's been the top selling game on Google play for as long as I can remember
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Building stuff is for boys. She should have tried building some kitchen appliances.

Comment

Working...
                    X