• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire Meet - Jan 29th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

If we get in to Coli early enough we can go watch the famous lightshow...
    That's beautiful.... It's reminded me that the Frontier at Batley had a similar thing. It was set to music which escapes me at the moment. Star wars theme? Maybe. It's not on youtube to verify though

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      That's beautiful.... It's reminded me that the Frontier at Batley had a similar thing. It was set to music which escapes me at the moment. Star wars theme? Maybe. It's not on youtube to verify though
      Ahh I loved that place. Was my stomping ground before I started on Halifax. I believe the Xclusive (The Ex) is reopening some time soon! Couple at Batley Nash before starting the crawl down there. A whole host of bars opened up on the back of the Frontier. The New Years night there was legendary. You couldn't get in unless you were in fancy dress. Made for a top night.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

IIRC it was indeed the theme music to Star Wars. Cutting edge stuff in the late 70's early 80's. A great night out

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          IIRC it was indeed the theme music to Star Wars. Cutting edge stuff in the late 70's early 80's. A great night out
          It's still the late 70's in Halifax so it might still be on
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            It's still the late 70's in Halifax so it might still be on
            don't assume that Halifax's it systems reflect what goes on outside the office....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              don't assume that Halifax's it systems reflect what goes on outside the office....
              I was basing it on how much 'Barrydidit' told me he has to pay for prostitutes....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                I was basing it on how much 'Barrydidit' told me he has to pay for prostitutes....
                That's via a loyalty scheme though.

Oh, the irony.

Comment

Oh, the irony.
                  I was told you got a discount as they felt sorry for you......
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh, the irony.
                    LOL, what's ironic about that ? I never paid to have my bags emptied in West Yorkshire

I know a man who did though

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I was told you got a discount as they felt sorry for you......
                      Was that you in the battered corsa when I dropped her off?

Comment

Working...
                      X