• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer Do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Calm down dear..

you mentioned the mucky pup which is in Islington, but unfortunately is right in the middle of a council estate just off the high st, you couldn't make it that year.
    They obviously have very posh council estates in Islington, judging by this view of the pub :rolleyes

It was RH's idea to go to Islington, which he wanted to do for the sake of a restaurant. I only suggested the Mucky Pup because he initially came up with a place on Essex Road that doesn't sell any decent beer whatsoever - I'd been subjected to that place once after a conference, and had no intention of going back (even though I did land one of the best contracts I've ever had while I was in there).

So the Mucky Pup was a decent compromise between those who wanted to go to a good pub but had no interest in restaurants, and those who wanted to go to a nice restaurant and didn't really care where they met for a drink beforehand as long as it was nearby.

I still think Islington is too far from the centre though. There are quite a few good pubs around Covent Garden/Charing Cross/St Giles/Holborn/Soho/Fitzrovia if you know where to look; it's not all tourist traps.

Comment

Well someone better agree on a date, find and venue and organize it.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Any date but the weekend of the 2nd July is probably good for me. Going to the
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I agree first weekend in July, in Putney, in a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            I agree first weekend in July, in Putney, in a bar.
            Have fun as I'll hopefully be out of the country for good by then
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I fly back in from the states late on the second. So won't be around then.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
              X