• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Summer Meet-up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I may be up as well.

Do I need a whippet, flat cap and a massive chip on my shoulder to come along?
    No mate, you can leave those at home. You might need a note from your mother though as we don't usually accept bedwetters!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      woooah chill the feck out dude - I was just dropping suggestions!

ok but lets be specific

Friday June 18th

Bloo bar in Northern Quarter
      oPM - good start.

Drewster - you know exactly what I meant!

Comment

If you can make it Sat 19th June I'll be there, I fly in at 10am and am back closing down the house before I depart for Glastonbury and then leave Manchester for good..

Bluu bar in the Northern quarter sounds good to me
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          If you can make it Sat 19th June I'll be there, I fly in at 10am and am back closing down the house before I depart for Glastonbury and then leave Manchester for good..

Bluu bar in the Northern quarter sounds good to me
          Hmmmm, a Saturday Piss-Up... You know something, that just might work...
          Last edited by Churchill; 12 May 2010, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Hmmmm, a Saturday Piss-Up... You know something that just might work...
            and could get very messy

Comment

well it would be good to make it to atleast 1 northern meetup before I depart for good

If messy is what you want then I'd suggest we make a slight detour to Bar Fringe at some point and ask the barmaid for some "Flash" while admiring the decor of a Buffy Vampire Slayer full sized cutout, a Harley Davidson and numerous cuckoo clocks bolted to the walls while sharing the bar with the 80yr old gurners drinking flash, the large groups of bikers and the suit wearing lawyers.. a very odd bar
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                well it would be good to make it to atleast 1 northern meetup before I depart for good

If messy is what you want then I'd suggest we make a slight detour to Bar Fringe at some point and ask the barmaid for some "Flash" while admiring the decor of a Buffy Vampire Slayer full sized cutout, a Harley Davidson and numerous cuckoo clocks bolted to the walls while sharing the bar with the 80yr old gurners drinking flash, the large groups of bikers and the suit wearing lawyers.. a very odd bar
                Sounds interesting.

Comment

saturday hmmm

well I'm game

would we do a bit of a leo sayer?

also Friday is England - Algeria so all pubs would be choc-a-bloc with drunken people being 'patriotic'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    woooah chill the feck out dude - I was just dropping suggestions!

ok but lets be specific

Friday June 18th

Bloo bar in Northern Quarter
                    I quite like Bluu - I like the Bay Horse and Troff too... June 18th, fine by us

Might be a good oppertunity to try out Black Dog Ballroom which I hear is good, but I've not been yet.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Peveril of the Peak!

And what's the other? The Briton's Protection, fave haunts of mine during my stint at Railtrack.

Lord Salisbury to near Oxford Road Railway Station, didn't Turing hang about around there? Obviously before he went off down Canal Street....

Comment

Working...
                      X