• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Party - Leeds 08/12/2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    You do remember what we told you about Leeds Bradford airport being no where near Leeds (or Bradford for that matter) without decent public transport.

You really do need to catch the train. That should be cheap enough at the moment. And if you want to fly somewhere do a weekend in Glasgow, Edinburgh or even somewhere in Europe....
    It's 8 miles, about half an hour, hardly the other side of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Unless you are working in Heathrow the time to get to and from the airports is going to be the same as catching the train.

Up to you though personally given where we are meeting flying is insane...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It’s your call, and if you need the BA points of course it’s worth it, but it’s a pain in the arse to get to, it’s a single road unless you go cross country and it snarls up like no modus Business, there is one bus service which goes via Bradford before Leeds and taxis are a monopoly so you’ll be paying through the nose (will probably cost you more than the flight), also depending on when you are setting off again in the morning it’s just as bad.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          It’s your call, and if you need the BA points of course it’s worth it, but it’s a pain in the arse to get to, it’s a single road unless you go cross country and it snarls up like no modus Business, there is one bus service which goes via Bradford before Leeds and taxis are a monopoly so you’ll be paying through the nose (will probably cost you more than the flight), also depending on when you are setting off again in the morning it’s just as bad.
          757 bus goes straight to Leeds, via Kirkstall.

LBA is a shiiithole tho, last Monday morn took over an hour to get through security.

Comment

How can we recognize the CUKers in the Bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              How can we recognize the CUKers in the Bar?
              Just look for a bunch of misfits that you would never expect to see sharing a pint. That'll be the northern contingent. The southerners will have one drink each and it'll have an umbrella in it

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Unless you are working in Heathrow the time to get to and from the airports is going to be the same as catching the train.

Up to you though personally given where we are meeting flying is insane...
                I'm close to Heathrow and could arrange to work from there that day, no problem. I might even charge them for the pleasure of my company. £44 each way to fly.

Comment

I'm close to Heathrow and could arrange to work from there that day, no problem. I might even charge them for the pleasure of my company. £44 each way to fly.
                  Always hairy landings at Leeds - highest airport in UK, on the side of a hill, crosswinds...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Always hairy landings at Leeds - highest airport in UK, on the side of a hill, crosswinds...

The flights to Belfast was always fun, a plane so small that when it crashed the newspapers could name all the dead passengers!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      The flights to Belfast was always fun, a plane so small that when it crashed the newspapers could name all the dead passengers!
                      It was much worse when the two seater plane crashed into a cemetery just outside Belfast. Three hours after the crash, the investigators had recovered 197 bodies and expected to be searching throughout the night.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X