• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas party 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ship and Shovell can accommodate us in their upstairs room.

They have a minimum spend, but haven't told me what it is (I have asked).

Their kitchen is shut, so we can't order food from the menu, but they can do us a buffet, so sounds like a goer (depending on the min spend) if people are happy to chuck a tenner in towards the food?
    I will ask my accountant to see if its ok
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It's a bit of a faff to get from there to the premier inn at Aldgate though (circle / district line from Embankment to Tower Hill) and other premier inns are rather more expensive...

How many are actually coming from London and would Leeds actually be better and cheaper?
      There are other hotels than the PI, come on you are a contractor, splash the cash!

(this has nothing to do with my desire to get away from the kids for a weekend in London)
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        There are other hotels than the PI, come on you are a contractor, splash the cash!

(this has nothing to do with my desire to get away from the kids for a weekend in London)
        Given that I'm only staying one night I will end up in the crappier rooms at the decent hotels - if they offer a room at all. Hence a Premier Inn is a safe option....

Personally if we are doing Covent Garden I would probably go for the Travelodge behind Marylebone station (its quiet) with breakfast at the Landmark (the walk to breakfast in the Landmark is longer than the walk from the travelodge to the Landmark)

And a google map view to show what I mean

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...632761!6m1!1e1
        Last edited by eek; 16 August 2016, 12:30. Reason: Added Landmark's breakfast menu
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's a bit of a faff to get from there to the premier inn at Aldgate though (circle / district line from Embankment to Tower Hill) and other premier inns are rather more expensive...

How many are actually coming from London and would Leeds actually be better and cheaper?

I think we'll get a better turnout in London - last year more than half the attendees were London (or commutable) based.
          PI Westminster bridge is walkable from S&S and there's probably closer options. It's a nice little pub.

The Ship & Shovell Pub in 1-3 Craven Passage, London

Let's see what min spend they come back with - might rule itself out.

Comment

I'd be happy with Leeds to be honest. Less cost and less faffing about to get there. If the vote is for London then I'll go with that.

Buffet sounds easier to manage than ordering from a menu when its busy.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

How about Reading?
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                How about Reading?
                Exactly how successfully was the Reading meet?

Comment

Exactly how successfully was the Reading meet?
                  Don't think we've had a CUK one.

Ah, Counting House have come back with an offer of a section of the gallery. Sounds like a plan - but will see what S&S say first.

Comment

Aldgate PI booked

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Aldgate PI booked
                      I'm waiting to get a confirmed location before booking any hotel. As I said it's a faff to get to that pi from covent garden if that's where we end up

Comment

Working...
                      X