• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cape Town - Face to Face & VMUG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cape Town - Face to Face & VMUG

I am off to Cape Town for 4 weeks...just in case you missed any threads where I happened to mention it?

I have agreed to do a weeks work remotely (SAN migration), spread out over the month, but feel the need to share the sun, surf and wine...

Last year, Platypus and I met up for a Pizza and vino (hic!) and are going to do so again, since coincidentally, he is going to be there again. Even more weird, is that we both contract at the same end Client?

There is also going to be a VMUG in Cape Town on 26th Feb, so will be there too!

Anyone else care to join me?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Do I need a visa/gun?

Comment

I have a few spare guns and can you can use Amex or v MasterCard to pay?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

But, but you're blick.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hey Scruff,

sent you a Whatsapp and a PM thru CUK. I'm in JoBurg right now, arr CPT 20/2

Comment

Any body needs a personal guide around South Africa, or have work in there that needs doing, give me a PM.

Was born there and got out alive because of my smarts. I got passport, but foreigners dont need visias, you get free 30 day visa at passport control, and if you overstay its something daft per month that they don even bother collecting.

Going to cape town myself 1st of April to 10th to relax and enjoy the £1 to 18ZAR conversion rate. 4 1kg Steaks and 12 drinks all round, total bill £12,35, stuffed.

Ahhh.. I love going back there.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrkula View Post
              £1 to 18ZAR conversion rate. .
              Ehh? It's more like £1 to R24 and climbing.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrkula View Post
                Any body needs a personal guide around South Africa, or have work in there that needs doing, give me a PM.

Was born there and got out alive because of my smarts. I got passport, but foreigners dont need visias, you get free 30 day visa at passport control, and if you overstay its something daft per month that they don even bother collecting.

Going to cape town myself 1st of April to 10th to relax and enjoy the £1 to 18ZAR conversion rate. 4 1kg Steaks and 12 drinks all round, total bill £12,35, stuffed.

Ahhh.. I love going back there.
                Foreigners need Visas to work....I will probably go again towards end March.

Comment

Haven't been to Cape Town in ages - must be 4 months almost. 6 years ago we were getting ZAR10 to the £, this trip it was over 20.

If you're looking for somewhere to stay/eat and don't mind paying a bit extra, Babylonstoren is excellent. Very nice wine, amazing gardens, great food and the cottages have ginormous beds. Preferred it to the Steenberg where we also stayed on the most recent trip.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X