Ir35 take home 85% under umbrella.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,954
    Thanks (Given)
    477
    Thanks (Received)
    1031
    Likes (Given)
    4167
    Likes (Received)
    2764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    If it sounds too good to be true it is.

    Scam umbrellas pray on peopleís lack of understanding and greed. The end result will be a very large bill from Hmrc and given the current methods being used permanent damage or your pension.

    Apart from that my current viewpoint is that itís now greed winning rather than fear (as was the case in the very early days of ir35) so itís self inflicted no sympathy.
    Completely agree with this.

  2. #12

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    27,908
    Thanks (Given)
    1408
    Thanks (Received)
    1128
    Likes (Given)
    4503
    Likes (Received)
    4176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If they are doctors they need to be struck off. Are they really that stupid?
    Why do you think just because people are intelligent in one area they are not stupid in others?
    "Youíre just a bad memory who doesnít know when to go away" JR

  3. #13

    Nervous Newbie

    Moumunne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Hey BrilloPad stop being rude. Are you stupid because you don't know how to save someone's life?
    Is there an admin or mediator here?
    Are people allowed to make such comments?

    Please I need help and support. That comment was completely out of line.

  4. #14

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,811
    Thanks (Given)
    141
    Thanks (Received)
    1469
    Likes (Given)
    1782
    Likes (Received)
    6042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moumunne View Post
    Hey BrilloPad stop being rude. Are you stupid because you don't know how to save someone's life?
    Is there an admin or mediator here?
    Are people allowed to make such comments?

    Please I need help and support. That comment was completely out of line.
    It's a moderator and one has actually posted 3 posts up so guess they aren't that bothered. Although it's pretty well moderated in these sections it's still not cotton wool land. It's an internet forum after all. Gotta grow some and just ignore anything you that annoys you.

    If you really want to you can hit the star at the bottom and report the post but if admin and the mods think you are bed wetting you might get in to more bother.

    You've had your answer, your colleagues are in a lot of bother and you do well to avoid these companies. That is all you really need to know.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  5. #15

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,954
    Thanks (Given)
    477
    Thanks (Received)
    1031
    Likes (Given)
    4167
    Likes (Received)
    2764

    Default Ir35 take home 85% under umbrella.

    If they take this up they aren't stupid, just greedy and we will have no sympathy if and when HMRC catch up with them.

    In the meantime tell them to fill their boots, because they'll take no notice of you if you say otherwise

    And the same applies to you.

    (Oh, and no - we aren't too bothered.)

  6. #16

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    17,483
    Thanks (Given)
    189
    Thanks (Received)
    790
    Likes (Given)
    1259
    Likes (Received)
    2696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's a moderator and one has actually posted 3 posts up so guess they aren't that bothered.
    BP's stupid comment got slapped down effectively by other members; it seems enough.

    @Moumunne - in the professional areas, things are usually kept fairly professional. We've been dealing with 85% pay for years now, and many members of this site have been caught out by it. BP being one, ironically.

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why do you think just because people are intelligent in one area they are not stupid in others?
    I did know one practice that offered (and actually promoted) homeopathy.

    Plenty of people don't get tax or finance. I stopped studying biology when I was 13. So I sensibly outsource my medical care to people who are qualified. In the same way, IT professionals, doctors, footballers etc. outsource their financial matters. Trouble is, with outsourcing finance, any action you take on that advice, no matter how bad or downright dangerous it is, is your responsibity. The sharks get their fee and no action is taken against them. (In my view, the QC's who give their positive opinion on these schemes are the ones who should be struck off). I understand the UK government is considering make the sharks bear some responsibility, but give the incompetence of the current shower, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    --drunk on abuse of power--

  7. #17

    Super poster

    Fred Bloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks (Given)
    21
    Thanks (Received)
    84
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    If they take this up they aren't stupid, just greedy and we will have no sympathy if and when HMRC catch up with them.

    In the meantime tell them to fill their boots, because they'll take no notice of you if you say otherwise

    And the same applies to you.

    (Oh, and no - we aren't too bothered.)
    I echo cojak's points here. But I at least give the OP some credit for smelling something rotten and coming here for advice. I think he/she is to be commended for doing so but at the same time if he/she was thinking of doing similar, then they have had a lucky escape.

    For the avoidance of doubt, OP, your friends are not in fact employed by an umbrella company. They are involved in a tax avoidance/evasion scheme and they will be come down on very hard indeed by HMRC. It's not like there haven't been enough warnings about this. In your shoes, I would try very hard to get them to look at this thread and make a voluntary disclosure to HMRC. That way, they are at least trying to limit the ultimate damage. HTH.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

  8. #18

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Divorce Courts
    Posts
    97,149
    Thanks (Given)
    21932
    Thanks (Received)
    5631
    Likes (Given)
    21932
    Likes (Received)
    9681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moumunne View Post
    Hey BrilloPad stop being rude. Are you stupid because you don't know how to save someone's life?
    Is there an admin or mediator here?
    Are people allowed to make such comments?

    Please I need help and support. That comment was completely out of line.
    Beyond the scope of professional forums. Try here: -
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2452136

    In theory mods should have moved your comments to general. However they are lazy.

    HTH BISDI
    I'm single now, and it's really weird for me to be dating again because, for the last three years, I've just been cheating.

  9. #19

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,954
    Thanks (Given)
    477
    Thanks (Received)
    1031
    Likes (Given)
    4167
    Likes (Received)
    2764

    Default

    The mods should not have moved this post BP, you are being provocative.

    If the OP wants a straightforward answer to his post however, he should read this thread:

    Choosing a legitimate umbrella

  10. #20

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    27,908
    Thanks (Given)
    1408
    Thanks (Received)
    1128
    Likes (Given)
    4503
    Likes (Received)
    4176

    Default

    @NotAllThere The question was actually for Brillopad to answer as other people aren't as socially inept/unaware as him.

    @Brillopad next time you make a comment like that I may be tempted to get really nasty and personal.
    "Youíre just a bad memory who doesnít know when to go away" JR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.