• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thats another life gone....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats another life gone....

Tiddles, our one eyed, crooked backed, toothless rescue moggy has just lost another of his lives after surviving an attack by a dog getting on for 5 times his size.

He was out in the front garden when it appears the dog slipped his collar and went for him. It chased him into the back garden and cornered him before grabbing hold of him. My wife heard the commotion and ran out and pulled the dog off him just as the owner arrived. Cat, covered in blood by this time, made a dash for the house. Dogs face was a mess and covered in some serious cuts and scratches.

Wife managed to get him in a basket and get him off to the vets where it turns out the blood belonged to the dog. No signs of injury to Tiddles other than being a bit bruised and shaken and coverd in a mixture of dog slobber and blood. Vet was surprised when she saw him as she was expecting the worst after a dog attack.

So thats another life gone. 4 left by my reckoning.

Th dog lives just up the road from us and we've known it for a few years. It's an American Bulldog and the owner always keeps it on a tightlead and is normally very careful when out walking it etc and was apparently in bits about it afterwards.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Tiddles, our one eyed, crooked backed, toothless rescue moggy has just lost another of his lives after surviving an attack by a dog getting on for 5 times his size.

He was out in the front garden when it appears the dog slipped his collar and went for him. It chased him into the back garden and cornered him before grabbing hold of him. My wife heard the commotion and ran out and pulled the dog off him just as the owner arrived. Cat, covered in blood by this time, made a dash for the house. Dogs face was a mess and covered in some serious cuts and scratches.

Wife managed to get him in a basket and get him off to the vets where it turns out the blood belonged to the dog. No signs of injury to Tiddles other than being a bit bruised and shaken and coverd in a mixture of dog slobber and blood. Vet was surprised when she saw him as she was expecting the worst after a dog attack.

So thats another life gone. 4 left by my reckoning.

Th dog lives just up the road from us and we've known it for a few years. It's an American Bulldog and the owner always keeps it on a tightlead and is normally very careful when out walking it etc and was apparently in bits about it afterwards.
    Are you sure you are cut out to be a pet owner?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Wife managed to get him in a basket and get him off to the vets where it turns out the blood belonged to the dog.

Cats are tough little sods aren't they?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Cats are tough little sods aren't they?
        This one is. Like I said, at some point he's lost an eye and ended up with a spine that isn't quite straight anymore. He's lost most of his teeth and bounced back from being abandoned in a cattery for 4 months.

And now this.

Comment

Glad puss is OK. Hopefully the dog (and its owner) will be wiser for the experience too. I'd feel inclined to drop the vet's bill through their letterbox and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDawg View Post
            Glad puss is OK. Hopefully the dog (and its owner) will be wiser for the experience too. I'd feel inclined to drop the vet's bill through their letterbox and see what happens.
            Sounds like the vet's bill is for nothing more than a blob of shampoo and a quick wash; yes, put it through the letterbox, it might scare the tulip out of them!
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Sounds like the vet's bill is for nothing more than a blob of shampoo and a quick wash; yes, put it through the letterbox, it might scare the tulip out of them!
              £57 Quid including some painkillers for the bruising. Could have been a lot worse and a lot more expensive.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Its my experience that the dog usually comes off worst in a cat vs dog fight. You were unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                X