• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random thoughts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random thoughts

Jeff and Beau Bridges look so similar that I'm not sure I'd be able to tell which one was in a film. Their father Lloyd Bridges acted in Roots and it's about time Roots was aired again on TV. Ditto for How the West Was Won. Lloyd Bridges was also in Airplane! and at first glance I thought he was the funny guy, but that was Leslie Nielsen, who he looks like

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was amazed a couple of years ago.....

......when I realised that "Geordi La Forge" was "Kunte Kinte"

Nearly fell off my chair!

Oh and didn't OJ Simpson have a cameo... Kissi's dad I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        I was amazed a couple of years ago.....

......when I realised that "Geordi La Forge" was "Kunte Kinte"

Nearly fell off my chair!

My memory of Roots is too distant now for me to remember what Kunte Kinte looked like. On the Star Trek theme though, I saw a Gunfight at the OK Coral film the other day that had Leonard McCoy at the gunfight, as he was also in an episode of Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          My memory of Roots is too distant now for me to remember what Kunte Kinte looked like. On the Star Trek theme though, I saw a Gunfight at the OK Coral film the other day that had Leonard McCoy at the gunfight, as he was also in an episode of Star Trek.
          Old Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelly?) was in loads of cowboy films.... can't name any of them though (not without Google)....

and Spock (Lenny Nimoy) was in quite a few TV Series... Mission Impossible (I think)

Comment

Old Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelly?) was in loads of cowboy films.... can't name any of them though (not without Google)....

and Spock (Lenny Nimoy) was in quite a few TV Series... Mission Impossible (I think)
            Yeah DeForest Kelly, I didn't know there was a new Leonard McCoy.

Comment

On Roots or Airplane! ?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Yeah DeForest Kelly, I didn't know there was a new Leonard McCoy.
                Didn't they do a "prequel" recently....... I assumed that had Bones, Spock and Kirk in it and presumably Sulu, Checkov, Uhuru, Scitte and numerous "Red Jumpers" ie The ones in the landing party you knew would die.......

That was another thing that always "got me"..... What sort of organisation on first encountering a dangerous place sends..... The Captain, 1st Officer, Chief Medic out on their own (plus or minus the Red Jumper)...

Didn't get much better in NextGen... but at least Picard sometimes stayed on board.....

Comment

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (film)

DeForest Kelley ... Morgan Earp

Comment

Jeff and Beau Bridges are so dissimilar I'd say they could never be brothers!

Comment

Working...
                    X