• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taint got any warmer outside. In fact, it might have got colder.

Comment

Just musing that I have just earnt half a weeks very good money providing direction to sort out a fairly painful technical problem.

Exactly the same technical problem they paid for me to analyse and provide steer on last time.
      Shame that steer, 6 months ago, was to not fecking do it like that
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I made it in the times today!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...reat-t6gvx7p0g

Case study
        Brillo Pad, 54, lives in Llandudno, north Wales, with his wife and three children. He works as an IT contactor for a large investment bank in the city, renting a room in the suburbs during the week and returning home at weekends. Changes to IR35 — the rule which would tax workers as if they were regular employees — could cost him thousands of pounds a year, he claimed and said that he would probably have to emigrate.

“When contractors are forced out, their place will be taken by large consultancies, paying little tax,” Mr Pad added.

Then there is a picture of a scourer.
        And I have just replied to a comment on that story....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you saying that an old, inexperienced onshore resource is going to make a killing?
          I didn't know you had joined up
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Settings where changed so you can only delete posts up to two years old or something like that.
            Only changed after tpd post 2 went.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Just musing that I have just earnt half a weeks very good money providing direction to sort out a fairly painful technical problem.

Exactly the same technical problem they paid for me to analyse and provide steer on last time.
              Shame that steer, 6 months ago, was to not fecking do it like that
              My current entertainment is that someone senior at clientco accepted the proposed security architecture model of my current end client. Said client didn't actually bother to document all the user stories they were going to implement and 1 of them is at fundamental odds to the insane security model they decided to use.

The solution for me is simple - escape at the first opportunity - then implement a couple of tools that provide the functionality the bank really requires - wait 6 months for things to blow up and return with said tools as a third party Saas solution.

The important bit is currently escaping clientco so when I launch the tools no-one can claim they are theirs...
              Last edited by eek; 23 November 2017, 12:24.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                My current problem is that someone senior at clientco accepted the proposed security architecture model of my current end client. Said client didn't actually bother to document all the user stories they were going to implement and 1 of them is at fundamental odds to the insane security model they decided to use.

The solution for me is simple - escape at the first opportunity - then implement a couple of tools that provide the functionality the bank really requires - wait 6 months for things to blow up and return with said tools as a third party Saas solution.

The important bit is currently escaping clientco so when I launch the tools no-one can claim they are theirs...
                Very similar to what is happening where my Mrs. is currently

This is all gravy to me and I'm sure to you, in any case.
                Most of my clients do not know how much better they would be if they listened to everything I suggested. However, maybe I would then lose out on more money .

However, it does seem we are been given more of a voice now, I say we because I managed to get a similar skilled friend onboard who has extensive knowledge of the other business area.

Happy days
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  My current entertainment is that someone senior at clientco accepted the proposed security architecture model of my current end client. Said client didn't actually bother to document all the user stories they were going to implement and 1 of them is at fundamental odds to the insane security model they decided to use.

A century post not full of drivel?

Om

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    A century post not full of drivel?

Om

Mistakes sometimes happen.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As so often nowadays, lunch is a repeat of Tuesday, but this week with a twist: M&S BBQ chicken, this time on an oatmeal roll

Sunny out today, as befits a day when I have no reason to go outside until after dark

Comment

Working...
                      X