• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just had an email from More Than Accountants advertising that I should switch to them, at the bottom was "why did I get this", "update my preferences" and "unsubscribe", so I clicked on "why" as I was sure I had not signed up to anything. It claimed I had made an online inquiry.
    Decided to click on "update my prefs" which took me to a standard Mailchimp form which said I had subscribed as a business. The business name it gave was for the website I set up last night.

I have unsubscribed with a note to say that I did not subscribe in the first place or make any online inquiry.
    When the GDPR are law will we be able to make complaints to the Information Commissioner if our email addresses contain our names about companies doing this?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ham bap, wholemeal, for lunch

Still grey out

Comment

Sunny out.

I did some quick gardening. Hopefully got the lawnmower out for the last time this year.

Comment

Surrey to Solihull 115 miles. 1h40 by car
          Surrey to London 23 miles. 2h00 by train/bus

Madness in the 21st Century
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Eating some ready salted crisps. I didn't realise that some crisps had sugar in them

On another note I'm glad I cut the grass as it went very cloudy before it went dark.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

I must say, none of my journeys there and back this week have been very satisfactory. I wish there was some way to stop all those other people using my highways and byways when I require them for my own purposes

Comment

This time last week I was in the hotel in Brighton. Much as I enjoy ffconf, it's great not to have to go anywhere for a few more weeks - next trip is the CUK Xmas Do

Comment

Homemade chicken soup out of the freezer for tea, with toast

It was going to be brown toast, but I absentmindedly burned the last two slices of the brown multiseed bread to a cinder, so I had to call up the white toast reserves

Comment

I note that last week, although I was away for bin day, the bins seemed to get by OK. AFAIK the same thing happened when I was away a couple of weeks before that.

I shall keep these facts under consideration when deciding whether to go to the trouble of getting up first thing in the morning to let the bins out

Comment

Anyway, time to have a beer and watch some telly

Comment

Working...
                      X