• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am in Wimbledon today. Nearest AB1 is 200 metres away.

At the LOndon office it is 50 metres.
    When you say "London Office", do you mean "Wimbledon Magistrate's Court" where you are attending divorce proceedings?

Have you got your bike with you, cause you could get a train out here and I could try out my new sight.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      When you say "London Office", do you mean "Wimbledon Magistrate's Court" where you are attending divorce proceedings?

Have you got your bike with you, cause you could get a train out here and I could try out my new sight.
      Currently I do 2 days a week at Wimbledon. 3 days a week at office near Liverpool Street.

I do have my bike with me. And if I was popping round I would cycle.

However I feel cr4p today. You will have to stick to squirrels.

Comment

stick to squirrels.
        That's AtW

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

I think I might have a tray of chips for lunch
          I decided to have a baguette with pulled pork and salad

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I might be adding gravy
          Not needed

Mushy peas?
          Not at lunch time, I plan on having those tomorrow tea time

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Cheese?
          On chips !!! No chance

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          And a side of beer battered cod
          I dont eat fish, so no

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            That's AtW
            I thought he went off them since he got bitten by one.

Comment

my lunch

Couple of paracetamol and a sainsbury's meal deal (chicken salad sarnie).

Comment

It must be incredibly difficult with elderly parents. I think one of them died recently?

A while ago(6 years?) I think his "clientco" decided to block CUK? Have they decided to block it again?

Or maybe he has been caught eating an esteemed customer.
                Zeitpater died some years ago after a fall that resulted in a prolonged hospital stay that he never returned from. Zeitmater more recently in a nursing / care home, I believe she was suffering from Alzheimers or another form of dementia although I could be wrong (Apologies to ZG if I am and you are reading this). Relevant posts are, or were, in TPD somewhere if you care to look.

He has also been dealing with varying levels of muppetry from assorted nephews and nieces concerning the sale of the Zeitparents home. I believe one in particular wished to buy it and it was not going as smoothly as might be expected. Part of this process has resulted in him having to sort through their belongings and the niece/nephew in question may have disposed of some important ones without first asking.

He works in a Higher Edjumacation establishment, in the bit that attempts to teach its "esteemed customers" the wonders of electrikery with varying degrees of success. Not sure whether he actually teaches in a formal fashion or not but he is responsible for the operation of at least one Lab / Classroom and the associated stores and equipment. He was most most aggrieved when they took away his PCB etching tank. I think he found the process therapeutic. He has frequently expressed his dislike / contempt for assorted senior academics and other management types. HR being a particular focus of his ire.

I don't think his work place has blocked CUK specifically although technical issues with the network are apparently commonplace. He tends to post from home or the local library (in the company of the Hoi Polloi) during holidays or when access from work is unavailable for whatever reason.

The general disenchantment with CUK seems to have started a while back when one of the Mods took exception to a particular phrase he was wont to use in threads discussing the general unpleasantness taking place in Iraq and Syria and other hot sandy places, and events arising from them over here. Whether the Mod was responding to a particular complaint or not was never clear and I'm not going to speculate. It appears to have been a private conversation. Either way it was sufficient for him to take serious umbrage and begin the post deletion process.

So yes, in short he had / has a tulip load of stress and other unwanted issues to deal with, it's not surprising that we haven't heard from him much recently.

Come back Zeity, how else will we know what the weather is like in Swansea. Or how punctual the trains are
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Apologies for the lack of drivel. Its been a bad morning. I think I am coming down with something.
                  Lot of it about

Comment

While I hate the loss of tpd posts, I hate even more that Zeity is upset.

I wish Diver was still around. He lives near him. I am guessing he needs support.....
                    +1

Comment

It must be incredibly difficult with elderly parents. I think one of them died recently?

A while ago(6 years?) I think his "clientco" decided to block CUK? Have they decided to block it again?

Or maybe he has been caught eating an esteemed customer.
                      They both died within a fairly short space of time

Comment

Working...
                      X