• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all A bit overcast in Devon today, but not as bad as yesterday.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Comment

It's a bit too late to go shopping without running into the lunchtime rush, given that I need to shower first, so I'll leave it until after lunch.

This also gives me time to rack my brains trying to remember what, if anything, I need to get

And the sun has just come out as I'm typing this

Comment

bacon consumed, third mug of tea started.
          now for the social services (a misnomer if i ever heard one) telethon.
          Again.
          on the principle that maybe if i can piss them off enough they'll get their collective finger out and actually DO something.

oh, 39,316 now

Comment

Boring laundry on. And several bags of clothes sorted out ready to be taken to the tip

The latter process involved a lot of "Oh, but I like that shirt, hang on, I haven't worn it in at least ten years and for most of those I'd forgotten I ever owned it"

Comment

3.5 hours to go and I've survived my first week back at Client Co. after 2 week holiday.

I can almost see the bottom of my mailbox.

Much of it comprised sprawling email chains cc'd to half the business that could have been taken care of in 5 minutes had I actually been here, but since I wasn't they all became desperately urgent and got escalated left right and center until someone suggested that the world was not, in fact, about to end and the best course of action was simply waiting until I got back.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Much of it comprised sprawling email chains cc'd to half the business that could have been taken care of in 5 minutes had I actually been here, but since I wasn't they all became desperately urgent and got escalated left right and center until someone suggested that the world was not, in fact, about to end and the best course of action was simply waiting until I got back.

"…and then the world will end."

Comment

Couple of sausages on soft white finger rolls for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    "…and then the world will end."

Comment

Ham sandwiches followed by chocolate pudding.

I need to deal with some idiots but I think I will put it off until Monday.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X